[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have n/o/ idea how to start learning about CARS thoroughly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I live in Australia and would be willing to do a course. Want to pursue this hobby bois.
>>
The JDM scene interests me so much, so i basically have autism.
>watch Initial D
>finish Tokyo Drift
>buy ae86
>put ricer stickers
>?????
>profit
>>
>>16512799
Wot u kno tho?
:thinking:
>>
>>16512811
The basics. I don't want to be a typical autist that only knows the basics though.
>>
Go buy a total shitbox off Scumtree and work on that. If something breaks fix it yourself. Look up manuals or videos to assist you if you need it.
>>
>>16512893
Recommendations?
>>
Go buy and play My Summer Car.
>>
>>16512910
100sx
>>
>>16512916
Was actually considering that, is it actually realistic though?
>>
>>16512910
Falcodore, ae92 corolla, whatever the hell you want really. The cars I listed are easy to work on though.

Tafe does an entry level course in vehicle maintenance that I think you can do for free. Might be worth looking at so you can get some basics down.

I just learnt by fixing things as they broke on my first car, a corolla.

Now I've got a Subaru H6 and know those things pretty much inside out. Cars are easy, seriously. If you're not trying to rebuild your automatic transmission or something straight away, cars are just a bunch of parts attached to other parts.
>>
File: ford_fiesta_st_3-door_uk-spec_1.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ford_fiesta_st_3-door_uk-spec_1.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>16512932
Really interested in doing something like this, but money is tight and i already have a car that i'm loving driving.
>2015 Fiesta ST
>Pic Related
>>
>>16512916
Is there a way to turn off the eating, drinking, pissing, bullshit and just having it as a car builder?
>>
>>16512947
no. thats why you get a shitbox. whatever car you get as your first wrencher, you are most def gonna fuck it up somehow.

thats why you get the most barely running crapmobile you can find.
>>
>>16512965
What makes the Falcon/Commodore/ae92 Corolla easy to work on?
>>
>>16512947
The ST isn't bad to drive hey? I had the XR4 from the generation before it. Got it new and drove for 6 years. Sold it when the wife and I were buying a house. Less power than the new one, but still so much fun to drive.
>>
>>16512986
It's honestly such a fun little thing to drive. Pushes hard through low revs then hits boost and has torque like a v6. Handles like it's on rails too; it's no wonder that its Ken Block's car of choice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.