[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have a 2001 standard cab 2wd 2.5l, can I swap a 5.9l in same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 290._SY200_CB192200957_.jpg (13KB, 398x200px) Image search: [Google]
290._SY200_CB192200957_.jpg
13KB, 398x200px
Have a 2001 standard cab 2wd 2.5l, can I swap a 5.9l in same year range with little complication? Axles? Diff/gearing? What all is compatible?
>>
Eww
>>
You will need to swap the engine, ecu, transmission. The diff used in the 2.5 will probably explode with the new power. You will need a 9.25 or 9.5.
>>
Might as well buy a V8 model.
>>
>>16512511
Gotcha I figured as much. Can I piece it together like do the axles,diff, and suspension first? Or is it more of an all at once kind of thing with the stock engine and tranny not being able to push the new gearing and heavier axles.
>>
>>16512526
Yea its just hard to find standard cab v8s pretty much all of them are 4cyl or 6cyl. I should just look for a diff project. But its one of those "runs in the family" vehicles the family has always dreamed about fixing up and keeping on the road. The little AMC 4 cyl is like indestructible though I'll prob just run it into the ground and make it garden art when she finally goes.
>>
You can break it out in stages.. just keep in mind if you do the engine and trans before the diff you may not get to choose when you do the diff.

You might want to look at 5.7 hemis as well.. could be cheaper than a 5.9
>>
>>16512537
Everything has to he done at the same time. Unless you have a shit load of money and time I do NOT recommend. Also don't forget to upgrade the suspension aswell to handle the new weight and shit
>>
>>16512606
Yea the stock suspension is shot so it would need to be anyway but I imagine that much of a weight difference on the front (especially on a truck) would be a bit of a bitch to get just right. I'll prob just make sure this one is running reliably and find an old days series truck as a project. She just hit 230k and I know she's got some left in her.
>>
>>16512566
>The little AMC 4 cyl is like indestructible though
slap a turbo on it.
>>
Dont even. Dodges like that are cheap buy one used with the engine already in it. It will cost you more than a new truck to swap in an engine.
>>
>>16512666
Hmm... but naw i mean she's a good engine... but with 230k?
>>
>>16512754
Yea, you're exactly right... we all just need a little sense talked into us here and again. Just seemed like it'd be fun. But you're right where it stands the poor thing isn't prob even worth a couple hundred anyway. Just wishful thinking is all it is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.