[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right? While I have no use for an automatic, FWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

What went so right? While I have no use for an automatic, FWD sedan, I've rented these a few times and these are actually good cars regardless of what you think of the rest of Chevy's lineup or GM in general. Has really good steering feel, comfortable ass leather sets in the LTZ (cloth ones are decent too), nice-looking, simple interior that isn't particularly lacking etc.

Could benefit from RWD and the brake pedal is too far forwards (or the gas is too far back) though
>>
>>16506759
Also I'm only referring to the 9th gen, I abhor the 8th and 10th.
>>
I daily a pre-facelift Impala LT and it's somewhat a tank of a car. I'm nearing 300k miles and have only gone through one engine, two transmissions,and about 600 throttle position sensors. Good mileage too.
>>
boring car
god i swear you people must actually like driving crown vics too
>>
>>16507896
see
>automatic, FWD sedan

Nobody said it was fun. I DD sports car[s] but for a comfy cruiser it's good, and the same can be said of the Crown Vic.
>>
File: volvo T5.jpg (172KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
volvo T5.jpg
172KB, 750x469px
>>16507934
i fail to grasp how boring makes a good car.
i do understand a comfy ride though.
but i need, NEED character in the car to enjoy the drive.
pic related, the engine has character.
>>
>>16507892
>good mileage
>one engine
>two transmissions

Anon, I'm pretty sure that negates all good mpg.
>>
It was a boring generic fleet car. The wheelbase and multilink rear suspension is what gives it a good ride. A Crown Vic or Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger gives the same ride while also being fun.
>>
File: IMG_5184.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5184.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
>>16507892
buy a new fucking car
>>
>>16507950
I used to be unable to grasp the concept of a boring car being great to drive. For years, I drove cars with rev-happy engines and taught suspension. Then one week, I had to borrow my aunt's 1990 Chevy Celebrity wagon for a week or so to diagnose something for her. 3.1L V6, 3 speed automatic. I was prepared to be bored out of my fucking mind.
Then I drove it. It was the complete opposite of everything I've ever driven. The suspension floated over the road. I didn't notice any potholes at all. I knew the 3.1L V6 could be rev-happy so I tried, but the automatic put a foot down on that idea fast.
It was the antithesis of everything I believed in the automotive world.
And I loved it.
I was so calm and relaxed, I didn't care no one around me knew how to drive. The car didn't either.
>"The speed limit's 55? Let's go 50, anon"
the car seemed to tell me.
It was the most relaxing thing I've ever done. Getting massages isn't that relaxing. It was like getting Morphine or Zoloft on a liquified IV drip
I totally now understand the appeal of barges.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.