[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /o/'s thoughts on the Lexus IS250?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0292.jpg (466KB, 1800x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.jpg
466KB, 1800x1030px
Could it be the RWD manual sedan Ive been looking for?
Do they have sleeper potential? Or should I DD it? Looking at an 08 with 120k for 9k right now.
>>
>>16504777
250 has shit for power. Better off with the 350 if you want power or a g35/37 sedan with manual. Good for dd as its smooth n comfy but you should test drive it. Pretty small on the inside too
>>
>>16504777
>Do they have sleeper potential?

Only if you swap the engine or build it to hell and back. 4GR is meant to be a economical motor for tame driving designed mainly for the JDM.
>>
File: 1001.jpg (111KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1001.jpg
111KB, 960x720px
>>16505250
This. love my G37S coupe. Super comfy as a DD.
>>
>>16505250
I can't find literally anything else from Lexus that's manual, under 20k used and not an SUV.
It's harder to find g35s that haven't been beat on and are sedans with similar mileage and year unless it's an auto
>>16505542
Would an engine swap be unfeasible? Is it a good reliable DD? I'm perfectly fine with modding my Honda instead
>>
>>16505599
>DD
>engine swap

Stop right there underage. If you have a honda just mod that. Comfy RWD manual sedan can be had elsewhere.
>>
>>16505599
>I can't find literally anything else from Lexus that's manual
Then Lexus isn't for you. Manual transmissions in Lexus vehicles have always been the lowest trim options meant for poor people. If you are serious about a Lexus, stop buying into the "manual=racecar" meme.

>>16505599
>Would an engine swap be unfeasible?
No, but it's very demanding. It's been done once before. Once.
>http://my.is/forums/f156/is250-2jz-vvt-i-finally-up-runnin-418446/
He pretty much custom fabbed everything to get it working. Not only swapped the motor, but the transmission, too. He also reportedly does JZ swaps for a living so for mere mortals it's not exactly a weekend project.
>>
>>16504777
You can get a 350 with less miles for that price. IS doesn't really have much of an aftermarket so you probably wanna get the bigger engine from the get go if you want a sleeper. It's a great car for DD.
>>
Redpill me on the RC-F.
>>
>>16505688
>not having reading comprehension
Dumb faggot. Either doesn't mean both.
>>16505697
Manual = more control.
More control = happy me
I don't really care about badgewhoring, it's a RWD Camry. How they swoon over it!
>>
>>16508050
>RWD Camry

There never was a RWD Camry and quite frankly this makes you sound ignorant about both cars.

If you want a manual car then buy a manual. Just don't expect an E20 with a 4GR to have any serious power. If you want something with more power and a manual, don't buy a Lexus..
>>
File: Camry.jpg (68KB, 933x537px) Image search: [Google]
Camry.jpg
68KB, 933x537px
>>16504777
>Could it be the RWD manual sedan Ive been looking for?
>Do they have sleeper potential?
Go back a bit and have a look at the first gen IS 300. Do whatever to make it a little lighter and you'll have a nice RWD sedan. Or GTE swap it.

>>16508217
>There never was a RWD Camry
>>
>>16508217
I'm looking for a preferably RWD sedan that doesn't have a high cost of upkeep and has three pedals and at least five forward gears. If it's a better DD than my Honda I want to DD it, if it has more interesting or just more fun aftermarket I want to mod it and keep DDing my current car.
>expecting
It has 200 HP and is heavy which is what I expect?
I mean fuck dude what is with this place and projection?
>>16508264
Can only find IS250's in manual, rest are autos.
>>
>>16508264
>doesn't know the difference between RWD and AWD
>>
>>16508321
>Can only find IS250's in manual, rest are autos
Do a swap on a first gen IS 300 then.

>Altezza lights
>muh two jay
>>
>>16508321
The E20 is actually a very nice car and decently reliable and economical. But like people pointed out numerous times in this thread already is that the car is anemic and late-model family sedans like the Camry, Accord, and Optima WILL walk all over you if you try to get it with them. And it's not like you can mod the engine to make more power since there's very little aftermarket support for the 4GR. So if you are wanting to mod it, you're pretty much limited to CAI and a new muffler. Maybe a chip tune. That's it.
>>
>>16504777
Get an is350 or get a G37 with a manual. A coupe is fine. Stop pretending you have friends. If you can't afford that just get a civic for 3k.
>>
>>16508450
>stop pretending you don't have a little brother that you take care of
Ftfy. I may not have friends but he does
>>
>>16508537
Kids would fit fine in the back of a coupe.
>>
>>16504777
Where the fuck are you finding all these manual is250s? Did they just not sell them manual here in the US? Because I haven't found a single one

Also how the fuck does the 4GR have so much compression for a v6 and yet make such shitpower? What drops into these?
>>
>>16508591
Fine. You've activated my trap card.
I want a sedan. I've driven nothing but coupes my entire life and am tired of it
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.