[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a job offer where a company will pay me $16 per alarm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: KARR_Alarms.jpg (231KB, 1292x938px) Image search: [Google]
KARR_Alarms.jpg
231KB, 1292x938px
I have a job offer where a company will pay me $16 per alarm that I can install in cars at a dealership. Assuming I have unlimited cars to work on, do you think its unreasonable to think eventually I could install 2 alarms an hour?
>>
File: 1-15.jpg (115KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
1-15.jpg
115KB, 1095x730px
bump
>>
If that's the case you need to see how many cars they're bringing in weekly. If they cant provide a steady work flow they can go fuck themselves
>>
>>16502969
Thats what I was thinking.
I'm not terribly skilled at the moment, I just wanted to know (if you are an expert) if its physically possible to install an alarm system in 30 minutes.
Recruiter said he would install 20 per day which made me skeptical
>>
>>16502930
that sounds like a total ripoff

why wouldnt you just charge customers 1000$ to do an alarm install

leave it to a dealership to fuck its own workers as well as the customers
>>
>>16502981
20 sounds like a lot. I would expect it would take 1 hour to install an alarm system
>>
File: 30794968514_12b67de012_c.jpg (210KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
30794968514_12b67de012_c.jpg
210KB, 800x534px
>>16502998
its a third party company that gets contracts from dealerships. I would go around to different dealerships and install the systems.

The hiring manager promised with skill I could do two or more. I just can't see how you could install more than one alarm every hour, is that even possible?
>>
File: 31447548231_1d8c420ccc_h.jpg (365KB, 1600x865px) Image search: [Google]
31447548231_1d8c420ccc_h.jpg
365KB, 1600x865px
>>16503004
Ok thats what I was thinking too
>>
>>16503026
Also your driving around. Time your not being paid for.

Drive 30 min to dealer, install 2 systems, drive another 30 min to next dealer for 1 install. Then drive across town for an hour...

Doesn't sound like allot to be made. Plus $16 per install, Christ where is all that money going. I bet your boss makes $20 for every install you do.
>>
>>16502930

Ripoff.

That's a lot of work for the dosh.

Most places charge 300 or much more for the full install.
>>
>>16502930
>>16502981
>>16503026
There's a reason they want to pay you per install instead of per hour, you silly cuck.
I bet they want you to drive your own car around to all these dealerships and have you pay for your own gas too.

If you really want the job, hit them back with minimum wage per hour (including time driving) + reimbursement for gas or use of company car + $16/install (negotiate down to $12/install if they say no)

>Recruiter said he would install 20 per day
>The hiring manager promised with skill I could do two or more
Additional Protip: Never trust what someone says when they want something from you.
>>
File: 31600068526_66bd2f35b8_c.jpg (162KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
31600068526_66bd2f35b8_c.jpg
162KB, 800x534px
>>16503200
Yes they want me to use my own car.
They pay $13 an hour for 8 hours guaranteed or $16 per alarm installed, whichever is higher.
The manager said most of his techs make $50k per year.. that's basically doing 12 a day.
That seems mildy reasonable to do 12 a day.
>>
>>16503227
14/day unless you plan on working every single day.

most of his tech's making 50k a year means its very unlikely you'd do 20/day unless most his techs only work 3.5 days a week doing that.
>>
>>16502930
>I have a job offer where a company will pay me $16 per alarm that I can install in cars at a dealership.

Any alarm that requires the dash to be removed means far too long. FIRST, you ask a question without describing what alarm will be installed. Since these are used cars (new cars all have their own alarms from the factory), the type of alarm matters.

The alarm in my old car required the dash to be removed. So it was obnoxiously long as it is a 2 person removal and install because if only one person did it without a special jig, things can warp or threads can strip and the dash will be forever creaky.
>>
People still use alarms? Just get a fucking lojack. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a thief smash a window and grab a radio regardless of an alarm I would be a millionaire
>>
>>16503026
>The hiring manager promised with skill I could do two or more.
That's false. You have time usage for:
0. Daily prep of all tools and parts. xx minutes.
1. Driving there. Mileage and gas. Traffic congestion.
2. Parking fees in some cities. 1 minute to pay.
3. Introduction to dealer, futzing, coffee, and description of jobs. Paperwork. 8 minutes. Verify if 4 door cars are to have rear doors or trunk done too. Valet switch option? Which cars have blinking alarm light?
4. Finding and entering the car in the lot. 1 to 3 minutes.
5. Inspection of car for customized wiring issues. Inspect car to verify alarm can be installed. 4 minutes.
6. Disconnect battery if allowed. But probably not since most cars have to go thru a reset process if power was removed.
7. Installation of main alarm box and running wires to door switch line for all doors and trunk.
8. Installation of blinking alarm light. Depending on car, can be sort of jury rigged quick since some columns allow you to snake a wire in. Sealed columns mean fishing or cheating. This can be 5 minutes to 30 minutes.
9. Reconnect battery and test system for power draw. If excessive, then recheck wiring.
10. Test system performance. Immobilizer test. Door test. Trunk test. Valet test.
11. Update car documentation and note where the inline fuse for alarm is located. Necessary for each car.

As for alarm installation, my local shop charged me about $400 for the installation. It required dash removal so that was actually cheap. It took them 6 hours (enter 9AM, done 5:30PM) because the electronic dash didn't want to work right after they reconnected power. Yes, they had to do system reset and resynch all my car parts and the car radio too. Just like a dealer would do. At first they couldn't get it to resynch which means the car wouldn't be driveable.

So you'll be installing one unit per 45 minutes based upon comparison of what your manager gave you as comparison.
>>
>>16504854
>the dash will be forever creaky
>wiring hacked together
>immobilizer issues
2 per hour
>>
File: 26034690[1].jpg (105KB, 479x350px) Image search: [Google]
26034690[1].jpg
105KB, 479x350px
ops face when the dealership makes him install alarms on school busses RVs transportation busses, fully finished camper vans, and super intricate sports cars

ops face when it takes him 2 hours to instal an alarm and he only makes 8$ per hour

ops face when he cant get an alarm installed in 2 hours and he is making under minimum wage

ops face when they dont have a constant stream of car alarm installs because CARS COME WITH A CAR ALARM INSTALLED STANDARD
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.