[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How trustworthy is carfax when compared to a used dealer (not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 2010rangerover23.jpg (255KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
2010rangerover23.jpg
255KB, 1296x864px
How trustworthy is carfax when compared to a used dealer (not big name dealer)?

I am looking at a 2010 supercharged RR, similar to pic related. Carfax describes it as non supercharged model and dealer lists it as the SC trim. Who is correct? Are they trying to play me by slapping supercharged badges on it?
>>
Barring dealership deception, why the fuck would you want to buy a used RR? They are literally the least dependable brand on the road by every metric.

The only thing that's guaranteed with these things is that they will leave you stranded at some point.
>>
Look at the engine and see if it has a supercharger. Also look for signs of things being fucked with, off colored hoses, wiring routed all fucked up, gear clamps, etc. Never trust a dealer of any type, they almost all care about profit only.
>>
File: 1401048445008.png (109KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
1401048445008.png
109KB, 388x402px
>>16502712
>I am looking at a 2010 supercharged RR
>>
>>16502712
buy from carmax and get the extended warranty.
>>
File: 1431104018873.png (717KB, 577x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1431104018873.png
717KB, 577x1177px
The dealership probably doesn't know the difference. You are buying a money trap though.
>>
>>16502750
it is a one owner with 30000 miles. sure it'll have it's problems, but I plan on getting a warranty a la doug demuro

>>16502752
they have a big hunk of plastic covering the engine bay, I doubt they'll let me un screw and mess with the engine. what if someone nigger rigged it and installed their own supercharger? is there a for sure way or a registry to check which trim it was originally sold as?
>>
>>16502836
why wouldn't they know the difference? it's priced accordingly to a SC model. a base model is about 3 grand less, all other things equal. to be fair, they've had it for a while now and they've dropped the price substantially since it was initially listed about 4 months ago.
>>
>>16502837
I feel like there's a strong chance you can see what model it is based on the VIN. Is that not a part of the digits on RR? Usually a major option like that is indicated on the VIN somewhere. I'm way more inclined to trust CARFAX than some shitberg dealer.
>>
>>16502867
I looked at one of the vin decoder free sites and the vin I have does not even correspond with what they say. In fact I don't believe there is a set numbering scheme with 2000+ models as I can tell. All online sources only go up to 2000..
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.