[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cadillac ATS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: ATS.jpg (147KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
ATS.jpg
147KB, 1024x682px
> "The ATS was conceived to beat the BMW 3-series, and when it was launched in 2012, it almost did. But it never actually has, and the narrow margins by which it missed the mark five years ago appear to be widening, to say nothing of the fresher challengers such as the Jaguar XE, Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-class, and more. As it stands today, the ATS remains an awesome chassis topped by a good, but not great, design effort."

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-cadillac-ats-sedan-v-6-test-review

Sorta sad this car never really took off...
>>
cadillac's been improving massively with each generation jump
whatever succeeds the ats will be fucking aamzing
>>
>>16501805
>Caddilac ATS
>awesome chassis
YEEAH OKAY
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 3215x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 3215x1668px
Ive got one, while its a great drivers car I can understand why it never took off.
The interior is very cramped, it has odd design choices for the dashboard, styling is divisive, and its simply not reliable enough.
On top of that Cadi wants BMW money for it. If it was a few grand cheaper than the 3 series/a4/is250 I feel it would have done much better. But for the same money, any normal person would just get the lexus/audi, and enthusiasts go for the mustang GT/3 series.
>>
>>16501805
One of my favourite cars it's based off the GM alpha camero platform so it's basically a 4door Commodore.

Bring them to ausfag land seppo cunts
>>
It's cadillacs design language, its time to fucking drop the "Art and Science" design

Currently caddy looks like a GM wannabe luxury competitor. Maybe that's why the sales numbers match
>>
maybe if Cadillac ever learns to make a not ugly car
>>
>>16501849
That's essentially the conclusion I came to after driving a ATS with the 3.6 L V6.

Chassis is great, steering is great, engine is great but the interior is meh, CUE isn't comparable to iDrive or MMI, and its not super comfortable.

If i had the money right now i would buy one but most people don't care about the driving aspect of a car so they will just go to BMW or Mercedes.
>>
Almost bought the 2.0t 6 speed for $16k usd. Kinda regret not getting it but I'm a poorfag, better for now i guess
>>
File: ss 1le.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ss 1le.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>16501820
>Alpha chassis
>bad

Reminder a 45k Camaro 1LE is as fast as a 135k M4 GTS
>>
>>16502958
Btfo
>>
>>16502958
Waiting for the next gen z28 to come out
>>
There's a 2014 ATS in my area going for $19.5k, really tempted to get it
>>
>>16501849
Can you go into more detail about the reliability? I'm really looking to get a used one.
>>
>>16501849
the styling just isn't expensive enough
>>
Buying a non performance GM product is shooting yourself in the foot
>>
>>16503569
The oil pan cracked, some rod in the engine became bent, and the CUE screen cracked by itself. In addition, its making a weird noise under acceleration sometimes but I am too lazy to take it to the dealership.

If you get a used one, check the records. most of the problems appeared in the first 20k miles.
>>
>>16501820
These cars are not bad at all. But I think it's due to the magnetic ride control.

The turn in feel is amazing, totally not what I expected. And the brakes were wonderful.

Options like front and rear park distance sensors, reading of text messages and bt streaming and that sexy key fob are great features

But negatively the interior is cheep as fuck and the cue system should not even exist.

But best sport bang for your buck a used 328i murders this car. You have to choose one that is optioned out. The tiny screen option has no goodies. Auto start is annoying but just disable.

If you want comfort the Merc c250 is the way to go.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.