[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 VS 6 Speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: manualtransmission.png (37KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
manualtransmission.png
37KB, 350x227px
Okay, all memes aside, I've had a BRZ for a few years now and the biggest issue I have with the car is the combination of the transmission and diff in that car.
> In normal DD scenarios 1st and 2nd are useless, you can't stay in 1st for any more than about 3 seconds, and 2nd has such a disappointing lack of torque at lower RPM. So you're constantly moving between the two and constantly disappointed by both choices.
> At highways speeds of 75mph+ the engine runs at 4kRPM + when in 6th. 6th really doesn't at all act like an overdrive as would be expected and when you're going this fast the engine both sounds and feels like it's going to launch itself out of the car.
> Car really either needs a real 5 speed or a real overdrive gear.
> 6 Speed fucking marketing meme
>>
>>16499534
>At highways speeds of 75mph+ the engine runs at 4kRPM

Your transmission is broken m8.
>>
I only have 15 minutes of seat time in a BRZ but I felt the same about the gearing. A longer final drive would solve most issues but will make the car feel slower. Overall, the gearing is very close together for no reason. I felt like I was shifting more often than is necessary.
>>
>>16499534
>brz six speed is shit
>all six speeds are shit

In sixth gear my engine at 80ish mph sits at about 2500 rpm. I do find it kind of funny that all this time /o/ has been making fun of the Toyburu's lack of power makes it a slow piece of shit and we have not had this knowledge about the fucking terrible gearing it has.

Thank you for this info.
>>
>>16499534

Run a higher final gear ratio. It's geared low so it can do 0-60 in ~6 seconds with sub 200hp and 2800lbs.
>>
The only problem I have with modern cars having a 6 speed gearbox is they made the 5th gear the 1:1 ratio, we don't need more lower gears, I wanted another overdrive.
>>
Shits funny.

At the same time the four cylinder guys want another overdrive, they bash the corvette for having another overdrive.
>>
>>16499534
1st is only for getting the car rolling, so a short first is nothing bad. Drive slower on the highway
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.