[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been thinking of getting a 4x4 for a winter car instead of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chevrolet-TrailBlazer.jpg (102KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
Chevrolet-TrailBlazer.jpg
102KB, 1024x674px
Been thinking of getting a 4x4 for a winter car instead of a Volvo 240 not thats its something wrong with that either, but i want to drive on smaller/forest roads with some snow on them, dont have to much money to spend, so im thinking about getting a 2002-2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer with the 4.2L V6 Vortec 4200 engine, wich are quite cheap here in Sweden instead of a European or Asian 4x4, been reading alot about the Chevrolet and cant seem to find anything to bad about this car or engine for that matter.

Only bad things seems to be its quite thirsty and im wondering if someone know is the ground clearance i have found is correct... 7.8 inches (20cm) seems quite low?

Also milage is that something to worry about? In the price range im looking they have gone about 20.0000-28.0000km.
>>
good platform

does guzzle gas for an i6 and the trans can be problematic if you aren't on top of fluid changes

they are quite comfy inside in spite of cheap GM interior

probably the only recession era GM worth owning
>>
>>16493995

Thanks for answering!

If ill buy one ill keep and eye on the trans, thats pretty much the only negative thing i found, and as you said the cheap interior, but dont think ill be to bothered about that.
>>
>>16493776
Whether you go with one with the Atlas I6 or the Vortec V6, they're pretty darn reliable with minimal upkeep and maintenance. Big downside of course being the garbage fuel mileage. Don't be surprised to average 10mpg or below. Yea, it's that bad.They aren't great offroaders because of their size and weight but should get through most conditions quite well.
I don't think an old Volvo would be that much worse though. I drive mine through snowy/icy conditions on almost a daily basis and it's quite capable despite being RWD.
>>
>>16494276

Yeah i dont have to much of a problem with my old Volvo on the icy/snowy roads.

But i want to drive on roads that arent that good in winter, where there might be around 10 inches of snow or more, i have driven on roads like that with my Volvo, it have gone ok, but would kinda like to have a 4x4 to be on the safe side, and to drive where there is more snow.
>>
>>16494276
They didn't come with a Vortec V6.
Engine options were either the Vortec 4.2L I6, the Vortec 5.3L V8, or a 6.0L LS2 V8
>>
>>16493776
Get a used Nissan Xterra or a Mitsubishi Montero
>>
Tracker is love, Tracker is life. That or any old Zuki. I guess in Sweden it would be sold as a Suzuki Grand Vitara or just Vitara. Interiors are pretty boring looking (cheap plastics galore) but screwed together very well by canadians. My tracker (2.0 5spd) has 200k and runs perfectly. Fairly small but endlessly practical.
>>
>>16493995
>does guzzle gas for an i6
What? Regardless of arbitrary configuration, any fullsize SUV with a gas motor is going to be thirsty. Doesn't matter how the cylinders are configured.
>>
>>16493776
> 2002-2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer with the 4.2L V6 Vortec 4200
>wich are quite cheap here in Sweden
>Sweden
Did they have the SAAB 9-7.. it is a trailblazer, and did come with the 6.0 ls2.
>>
>>16493776
What do you drive now?
>>
>>16493776
The pre-9th gen burbs are ridiculously stable
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.