[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to buy cars, restore them, and sell them for an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1284099087949.gif (2MB, 263x202px) Image search: [Google]
1284099087949.gif
2MB, 263x202px
Is it possible to buy cars, restore them, and sell them for an overall profit?

gif unrelated
>>
>>16489019
Only if you're the handiest person on the fucking earth

Also:
>what is wheeler dealers
>>
>>16489019
That's called flipping cars, it's pretty much impossible
>>
yes, it's called flipping
it can be decently profitable if you can turn a wrench
>>
File: dee tay kalid.jpg (87KB, 750x910px) Image search: [Google]
dee tay kalid.jpg
87KB, 750x910px
>>16489019
Some of the time, you don't even have to fix them up. You can just find someone who's "desperate to sell before x" and then let it sit in your gay-rage for 3-12 months before a buyer comes along and picks it up for $1000-$3000 more than you bought it for. This requires you to be slightly less handy but can make a few thousand every year or so if you're good.

Look for:
x= leaving country, season, getting kids, etc.
>>
>>16489034
>>16489035
>>16489112
what kind of cars are best to flip? I'm worried about depreciation
>>
>>16489019
Yes but you need to know what to buy, you need Mike Brewer (the most important part of the Wheeler Dealers duo) levels of expertise.
>>
>>16489122
Ones that are worth more than you can buy them for. Problem is one lemon and your whole enterprise is sunk.

>>16489026
>>16489035
>>16489034
It's mainly about being a very good judge of real value and cars are complex as fuck to do that with.
>>
>>16489019
do it with trucks, much easier.
buy them dirty and rough running.
use injector cleaner and a thorough wash and vacuum.
bam, small profit when sold to the same kind of moron you bought it from
>>
>>16489143
You could become very familiar with one particular model of car and focus on flipping it specifically

My old man used to do this with corvettes
>>
>>16489019
>Is it possible to buy cars, restore them, and sell them for an overall profit?
yeah dude, its super easy. my dad did it for his main source of income for years
>>
File: cawhyenne.jpg (107KB, 563x375px) Image search: [Google]
cawhyenne.jpg
107KB, 563x375px
>>16489112
How to be safe in investments and inventions:
Find something that technology cannot make obsolete.

Then research bluebook value and as mentioned >>16489112, look for people doing quick sales because of reasons beyond their control. You'll have to do some micro-jewing but that's where the bulk of your income comes from.
>>
>>16489019
>Is it possible to buy cars, restore them, and sell them for an overall profit?

yeah. guys do it all the time. however, most of people do it as a "paying hobby" where the sale of the cars is really just offsetting the cost of their own shitbox addiction. you will be hard pressed to make flipping cars your only occupation.
>>
>>16489247
kind of depends on your starting capital and how well you buy. i know people who have been doing it as their main occupation for years.
>>
>>16489280
>i know people who have been doing it as their main occupation for years.

and i bet they have dealer licenses from the state, which depending on where you live is a huge pain in the ass to maintain.

my point was that if you want to make it a full time job you might as well own a dealership or a shop.
>>
>>16489297
>and i bet they have dealer licenses from the state, which depending on where you live is a huge pain in the ass to maintain.
nope, they build a large garage on their property and keep at least 6 cars stock at a time. ones that dont sell too quickly they just part them out.
i think it IS worth noting that they mostly deal with classics though.

>my point was that if you want to make it a full time job you might as well own a dealership or a shop
im not doubting this, but im saying its completely possible to do it without .
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.