[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Infiniti a reliable Car brand?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Im looking at a used 2008 G35 for $8000 asking price. I've done a been a research and would like to hear what br/o/s think of this car company.
>>
>>16484412
yes. just avoid anything 2016 and later. they've made some stupid decisions recently.
>>
>>16484412
They're basically hondas with more options, so they'll run until the end of time
>>
>>16484412
>>16484433
no, don't spend 8k for one of these, it's safe to say the car will have way over 100k miles. This isn't the car you want to have been beaten on for so long, save up for a clean low mile one
>>
>>16484412

They're decent - Infiniti and Nissan are solidly this behind lexus/Acura and Toyota/Honda as far as reliability and quality are concerned.
>>
>>16484442
For 8k, what mileage should the car have to be worth the price? I can quickly find out how much it has.
>>
>>16484477
i wouldn't buy one over 70k,maybe 80k honestly
>>
>>16484412
G37s are ok. 35s are shit. They burn oil and most have been owned by boyracers or niggers.
>>
>>16484513
My pal owns a G37, said the same thing you did. "Get a G37 instead"
>>
>>16484412
Shit drive by wire, daily'd a G-series before and the throttle tends to lag for a few seconds when you step on it. Common quirk on first and second gens, not sure if current gen improved it, probably not.
If you want to bother doing a cable conversion, go for it.
>>
>>16484412
VQ engines are factory rated for about 200,000 miles. Anything after that is fair game and depends on owner decisions.
>>16484433
Wut.
>>
>>16484433
You are thinking of nissan
>>
>>16484538
Nissan is shit you mongoloid.
>Nissan
>reliable
HAH! Pick one. They haven't been reliable since they decided to stick CVTs in everything
>>
My buddy bought an '04 g35 in 2009 and I don't think he's had any problems with it
>>
>>16484412
Great car. I would look for a G-37 a couple of years newer. Literally, the only problems I've seen have to with lack of maintenance. Specifically, oil changes. These cars will run forever as long as you change the oil. People who decide this is a lease, so I'm not gonna take care of it end up with sludge in the engine. Once the magnets in the timing covers get sludged you're looking at big bucks parts & labor wise to fix. Way less frequently I've seen some racks leaking, but that mysteriously stopped once these cars started going out of warranty. I think some of the techs might have been looking for some easy hours. Also, anything that fails on these cars (even though very infrequently) tend to be expensive, so definitely consider some type of extended warranty. I got my mom a 2009 G-37X in 2012 it was an off lease with 8,300. Besides oil changes alls she's needed so far are 2 tires & rear brakes. I'm a bit biased Parts Manager for an Infiniti dealership here.
>>
>>16486224
Infiniti is based on Nissan not Honda you troll
>>
File: infiniti-qx30s-q30.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
infiniti-qx30s-q30.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>16487231
there is not a single fwd Infiniti built by Nissan. Infiniti doesn't suffer the same reliability issues that Nissan does. Though they did introduce the all new 3.0L twin turbo V6, so they'll likely tumble down the reliability ratings just like Nissan did.
>yfw the only good Infiniti is going to be the one not made by Nissan
>>
>>16487305
That thing is a piece of shit with horrible blind spots. You can't even see whats next to you before changing lanes. You look to your left & all you see is "b" pillar. Literally zero interest. This thing will be discontinued in a year or two.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.