[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Focus SE is roaring at speed like a sonofabitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 100_4599.jpg (289KB, 1935x1451px) Image search: [Google]
100_4599.jpg
289KB, 1935x1451px
So despite getting my tires replaced, my Focus continues to make a horrible soul-piercing roar in the cabin, growing its worst at around the 45-55 mph mark.

Where would be a good, affordable place to get a wheel bearing replaced? I've already gotten myself hosed on tires, I don't want to fork out 600 bucks trying to solve a problem I thought would already be resolved by now with new tires.
>>
Buy bearings from rockauto, jack that shit up. Replace.

Not sure how ford does their wheel bearings but they either bolt the hub assembly on which is ez pz. Or they are pressed into the knuckle which will require a hydraulic press after you remove the knuckle.

What year? Front or rear? Have you found play in any of the wheels? Are you sure your brakes arent dragging?
>>
>>16484174
lol
My focus has had electrical boogiemen for the past three years that I cannot possibly find or figure out. :^)
>>
File: 006.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16484395
You can usually beat pressed-in wheel bearings out with a big hammer. I used a 4lb hammer and a big socket to knock them out of my Integra's hubs. I put the new ones in using a giant bolt and some giant washers with an impact gun.
>>
>>16484456

Must be nice not living in the rust belt
>>
>>16484456
If you beat a Honda bearing out, you were using Mjolnir. Every one I've done has had to be cut out.
>>
just use non petroleum-based lube like graphite filler?
>>
You have to be more specific. We don't know what year your car is.

If the bearings are integrated into the hubs it will be a piece of piss. All you have to do is take the tyres off, remove the rotor and brake calipers and then take off the hub. Replace hub and reinstall everything.

I did both front bearings on my Ford Falcon and they cost me $80 total. The only special tool I used was a big 32mm wheel socket.
>>
If it's the bearing that uses 4 bolts to bolt to the knuckle, use a slide hammer to get it off and a MAP torch to heat it up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.