[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Auto shop woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: pepegermany.jpg (61KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
pepegermany.jpg
61KB, 550x550px
>Take my fresh purchase, used car into local well respected maintenance and tuner shop for specific brand and others
>Have them do a full inspection to see if there are any issues people more versed in this brand find, after doing so myself for two weeks
>As well as replace faulty timing chain tensioner and cover I already diagnosed as faulty
>Schedule a week in advance, tell them the two parts needed
>Take it to shop yesterday, hear back from them at the end of the day
>"We found no other issues, but we don't have the parts, they'll be here tomorrow."
>Today comes around, no word from them until mid-afternoon
>"We only ordered the cover yesterday, we waited until we pulled it apart today to order the tensioner, sorry. It's on the parts truck and should be delivered here soon."
>No word from them, doubting the car will be ready today as it's 5:45 already
>Soon to be entering the third day of no car, about ready to zip over and chew them out in person tomorrow morning after already doing so to the phone operator

I know it's frowned upon to maintenance places, but we already have another project car in the garage stuck on the lift and I wanted them to do the inspection anyways.
>>
>>16483247
I never understood why typical greasemonkeyshit garages fuck around like this in the first place, but even worse that any of them would even dream of giving you any flak for pestering them as to why they cannot do shit in a timely manner.

Wrench on your own machines padawan.
>>
dude you have no idea how hard it is to find a shop that will even tough my shitboxes.
can you say mechanical fuel injection?
>>
>>16483276
They're not a typical shitty vato mechanic shop, they just appear to have had a complete logistic retard moment in my situation.

As I stated, I already had incentive to take the car in, so I figured I would have them fix this while they were at it to save me some trouble while the project car is being worked on at home.

I expected it to be a 1 day lack of car, and that's the reason for the come to jesus meeting I gave them.
>>
>>16483286
Ayy rabbit friend
>>
>>16483247
>The fuckers had the audacity to call just now and tell me in a jovial manner that the parts delivery didn't get there, and the shop will be closed all weekend. When asked if that included Monday, no answer straight answer was given.

Shame because it's a pretty cool shop too.
>>
>>16483321
i had it running great one day. got rubber in second gear even. then it broke a pulley
>>
>>16483276
I've never done any type of exhaust work before. I bought a borla catbak for a C6, mechanics wanted $500 for the install. I said fuck that and did it myself. Granted it took me like 5 hours, it's very satisfying installing/fixing your own car.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.