[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead FOB...Car won't start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: key.jpg (29KB, 634x418px) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
29KB, 634x418px
So one of my car keys either got wet or the battery died. It would not start or open the car. My other key, which was barely been used, will not start the car either. I have a ford Fusion 2016...How do I start the car? (there is a semi hidden key entry, but once i open the car it still won't start.
>>
>>16483097
>he bought a shitty midsize sedan
Hahahahahha
>>
If your other key doesnt work, something is wrong with the car
>>
File: REV.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
REV.png
1MB, 1280x720px
YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED
>>
>>16483175
I was in a situation in 2015 where i had to get my new car pretty quickly, didn't have a lot of time to weigh options..
>>
File: 1452102598775.jpg (297KB, 1349x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1452102598775.jpg
297KB, 1349x1300px
>>16483097
I'm going to imagine that the key also has a chip in it, it both keys are failing to start the car it may mean that whatever bullshit that reads the chip has gone ape.
Past that:
Have you checked battery?
Do accessory items work (air radio)
Will the car crank?

tldr
get that shit towed to a stealership.
>>
>>16483175
Hahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha

>is it an ML500 in the back of Scotty Benz?
>>
>>16483097
>the battery died.
I suspect you are leaving things out of this story.

Insert key, turn on radio. It works? You have battery. Is your dome light as bright as it used to be? Turn on headlights and see if they seem as bright as they should or are dull yellow from low voltage.

Turn key to energized position as indicated in your owner manual. See the idiot lights? Any of them stay on like "battery low" or "battery" or "alternator"?

Did you disconnect your battery for awhile? That would make your Fusion 2016 security system trigger and need to reset to the car. Your owner manual should have something about it in the replacing battery section. The various electronics have to be resynchronized or else the immobilizer thinks the car was stolen or that certain individual parts have been swapped. It's all in the owner manual.

Short: OP's car has owner's manual. TL;DR.
>>
>>16483097
Moat likely you have a dead battery as>>16483621said.

Chances of both your keys failing are so low I don't think keys are the problem.
>>
File: 1456648843395.jpg (85KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456648843395.jpg
85KB, 500x502px
>>16483097
Welcome to the future mate.

Just get it towed to the dealer... you did purchase the ultra care with free tow up to 60miles didnt you....?

Mate traded his 30year old Defender and got a brand new one. Stopped for no reason 150miles from nowher on an offroad track. Cost him $4,000 for a front loader to Co and haul him out. Then the tow truck. Then the dealer said hmmm no idea why it did that
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.