[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too much pressure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: td04.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
td04.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
So.. I have this 4efte engine which supports 0.5 Bar pressure stock, my problem is that I feel my head gasket is giving up when upping the pressure. What can I do to prevent this when going above 0.5 bar. Already redid gasket twice :(
>>
>>16483045
buy a better headgasket, other than that not much, maybe disable the high boost actuator so it stays in the 0.4 low boost mode
>>
>>16483045
over torque the head studs

but why did you post a pic of a starter motor?
>>
weld it
>>
>>16483086
thats an alternator you dummy XD
>>
>>16483045
>shitbox problems
>>
>>16483045
o ring the head and block, run a copper gasket and stainless fire ring. enjoy your boost.
>>
>>16483045

What's the stock CR on your engine, anon?
>>
>>16483171
stick to shitposting about corvettes
>>
>>16483877
As soon as you find somewhere else to cry about how weak and shitty your engine is, like your bad decisions are someone else's fault.
>>
>>16483045
sometime you have to realize when to let it go
buy new car, probably it's the best option if you already did twice the headgasket
>>
>>16483045
>What can I do to prevent this when going above 0.5 bar. Already redid gasket twice :(
Almost certainly detonation. Figure out why and fix it.
>>
>>16483045
bro join the tercel group, email me at
[email protected]
>>
>>16483857
maybe I'll try!
>>
>>16483888
>>16483171
>>16483086
I live on a shitty 3rd world island. There is no vette. we drive only econoboxes.
>>
>>16483864
8.2:1

why the question?
>>
>>16485531

Because of this >>16484042. No point on o-ringing and running a copper/MLS headgasket yet, you better fix the source of that shit because head gaskets aren't supposed to blow all the time. I also had a car that ate headgaskets like a motherfucker even though the stock engine was supposedly able to take boost like there was no tomorrow. Turns out the previous owner had used the engine in an N/A racecar and had milled the block, effectively raising what should've been an 8.5CR to 9.2. Before I realized though, a new headgasket lasted literally a week because it was the weakest link that succumbed to detonation. Then I rebuilt the thing, got low comp pistons and everything and then, sadly, it wasn't the gasket that was kill but literally a fucking skirt from a piston broke.

Check any possible reason for detonation, anon. Do you have an AFR meter? What sort of ECU are you using? Poor gass maybe (a problem I know too well being a fellow 3rd worlder)?
>>
File: sweet.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
sweet.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16485657
Thanks for the info.

I guess it can be that its getting the comp up. Using the glanza stock ecu, no AFR, but I think fuel(gas quality) is pretty much OK.
>>
>>16485787

It's either the compresison or maybe the ECU not having an appropiate fuel map, resulting in the engine running too lean and detonating because of this.

Maybe ask around if someone can lend you an AFR gauge and wideband sensor or get one for yourself, they're not TOO expensive and it's something you should have on a tarbo shittoboxu anyways.
>>
File: 20151129_1815042.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151129_1815042.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16485806
Thanks man!
>>
>>16483045
Resurface the head and block, I'm running 1.0 bar on my daily with no problems
>>
>>16483045
Use an MLS gasket, especially if Toyota make one for it. Make sure the mating surfaces are perfectly flat.
O-ringing's cool but pretty unneccessary now MLS gaskets are a thing.
>>
>>16485787
>stock ecu
>upped the boost
Found the problem
>>
>>16486858
not neccessarily a problem at all.
>>
>>16483045
I used to own a glanza v with the 4efte in it, had a td05turbo and was boosting at 16psi, it lasted 5years and tge motor finally gave out at 280k kms, get your motor checked homie
>>
>>16483086
Blinker fluid injection pump.
>>
>>16485509
Shitty 3rd world islands have some of the best JDM foreign used cars that would make any burger jealous.... why would you pick such a turd to tune when you have so many great cars available??
>>
>>16488294
>little island in the middle of the indian ocean
>restricted import laws
>almost everyone sees car as commute only. >Only 1%ers who drive m3s/911s are into cars
>my '96 car cost around 10k when the average salary is around $500 monthly

We were under industrialization in the 90s, nobody cared about car culture at that time. Now laws are such that we cannot import cars older than 5 years old
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.