[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2006 F-150 Lariat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
Sup /o/. I've been shopping around for a used truck and I recently came across what seems like a good buy. What is the general opinion on F-150s? Any common issues I should be aware of? The one I'm looking at has 105,000 miles and was recently traded by the original owner. Any input is appreciated.
>>
>>16481725
get a 5.3L V8 SIlverado instead. it'll be more fuel efficient and more reliable. Those Fords all tend to start breaking down the minute the warranty is up.
>>
>>16481883
do they really?

or are you just a chevy shill?

I had a 5.4 f150 and i didn't have a single problem with it.
>>
>>16481725
Why do you even need a truck?
>>
The truth is they all are shit, get the cheapest and spend as little repairing it, dont get v6 and make sure the plugs arent the original.
>>
>>16481883
This. I hate newer Chevys but we have 3 of those Fords at work and they are the biggest piles of junk I have ever had the displeasure of driving

>>16481725
If you already have a DD and just need a truck for every once in awhile look into a GMT400. They're a dime a dozen, there's a ton of them still on the road, they're simple and they don't look like poop either
>>
>>16481725
Get a Nissan Titan the older ones are cheap and they are reliable
>>
I have a 2007 F-150 with the 5.4L. Mine was well taken care of, so no issues, but here are some common problems to look out for.

- Bad Spark Plug design makes them difficult to remove with original plugs. If you find an engine that's had a plug change in the last 5-7 years and has the SP-515 plugs, this will not be an issue.

- Exhaust Manifold Leak - Quite a few of these have sprung up an exhaust leak due to a manifold made of 'meh' metal. It's not really a big issue, just worth noting.

- Cam Phaser issue. The overhead cams on the 5.4L 3V engines are attached to the crankshaft via a sproket mechanism called the Cam Phasers. These are able to advance and retard timing based on what's needed. In an engine where oil changes have been spotty in the slightest, these have been known to start causing issue around the 100k mile mark.

The issue starts as a small tick/knock sound, do not mistake it for Fuel Injector noise; the fuel injectors in this truck are loud as fuck, but behind that you'll hear a ticking/knocking sound. It almost sounds like your truck is a diesel, when it's not. In the early stages of the issue, that's about the biggest concern plus some minor loss in power. However; if you let that issue go all the other timing components start shitting the bed. It's about $800 worth of parts and a weekend for you to fix it yourself and about 2k-3k to have a shop fix it.

If you find a truck with a knock/tick sound, walk away from it, however; if you find one without the tick/knock, go for it. Just be very methodical with oil changes using nothing less than a Synth-Blend 5W-20 oil.
>>
have you ever looked at f150's and see nothing but 04-08s for sale, cause they shit dawg. people dumping those shit buckets
>>
>>16483781
this. especially the 5.4
theyre thirsty dogs desu
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.