[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thought on 2008 GTI (American)? One I'm looking at is automatic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Thought on 2008 GTI (American)?

One I'm looking at is automatic. I'm not looking for a fast car or anything but I like the way this one looks(not the pic but the one I'm looking at)

I just need to know how reliable it is. I don't care about speed, MPG or drag ability I just need to know how reliable it is.

I thank you in advance.
>>
>>16481277
>I just need to know how reliable it is.
Then look elsewhere.
>>
>>16481280
Are they really that bad?
>>
>>16481398
American Volkswagens have a terrible reputation for reliability. It started in the late 80s/early 90s when VW switched production for the North American market to Mexico.
Quality took a nose-dive as did reliability.
They're known for electrical and mechanical reliability problems

Honestly, a Chevy Cobalt SS may not be as nice to drive or sit in but it's faster and more reliable.
>>
>>16481398
Yes, they're that bad. Don't fall for the "German engineering" meme, get a Toyota or Honda
>>
>>16481277
I have an 08 GTI, I love the fuck out of it. I've had it for a year and change and it's been good to me, mind you it's not a Honda or a Toyota so you have to be nice to it. Parts are expensive for no reason, but you shouldn't need to buy them often. FYI the 08 is manufactured in Wolfsburg.
>>
>>16481277
2008 is good, but if you can find a 2009 they're arguably better. That's when they switched to the TSI engines, before upgrading to the Mk6 chassis. Probably more engine-specific parts for the FSI engines of pre-2009, but the TSI fixed a few chronic issues of the FSI engines.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.