[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AE86s in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Does anyone know if AE86s were ever sold in the US? I've been trying to find out but I haven't been able to find a straight answer
>>
It's just a corolla. The AE86 is a chassis code or something that may or may not be specific to Jap models I don't know I gave up interest on them after high school and when prices skyrocketed.

You can buy a Toyota Corolla in America that will look like that, yes, but I don't know if it will officially be an "AE86" Dagumi.
>>
>>16480250
I guess what I'm asking is if the rear wheel drive ones are available in murica
>>
>>16480226
I think only the 85 was
>>
>>16480253
Yeah, all the Corollas around the world that look like that are RWD. The other Corollas of the same generation that are like sedans or whatever are FWD. This was the generation that Toyota moved the Corolla to FWD, and the "86" was the last RWD model.
>>
I keep ot shoetjust look for a gts model and make sure the chassis is 86.

I know nothing of ae or trueno

America had the gts which was fr and twin cam it also had momo wheel and pump seats

That is all... You better with 350z or s2k with the price you paying even v6accord is gewd
>>
Yes. In the US it was the Toyota Corolla 2-door coupe and 3-door hatchback. Trim levels were SR5, DX and GT-S. GT-S is the one that has the twin cam engine and better suspension that you want.

>>16480250
It's the chassis code. VINs almost never match- i.e. in Japan, the AE86 has AE86 both on the build plate and in the VIN, but in the 'states, the VIN reads AE88.

And before someone spouts shit they heard from Mister fucking Regufur one more goddamn time, remember that the Nissan S-platform cars have S13/14/15 as the chassis code, which everyone refers to them by, and NOWHERE in the VIN.
>>
>>16480443
/thread
>>
>>16480270
>all the Corollas around the world that look like that are RWD.
Some people are too stupid to tell the difference between the ae86 and the ae92.
>>
>>16480226
Yes. 1984-1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 (AE85) and 1984-1987 Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86). Both essentially the same car.
>>
>>16481964
Incorrect.

The SR5 had the 4A-C carbonated SOHC. Not to mention rear drums, different final gearing, and interior parts. THIS was introduced in 1984.

The GT-S is essentially the same is the GT Apex was in Japan, and was introduced in 1985. It has the 4A-GE and rear wheel disc.

The AE85 never debuted in America. We never got the boat anchor 3A. The SR5 is designated by an AE86 VIN and the GT-S has an AE88 VIN but these are just for identification. The CHASSIS is the exact same, just converted for LHD. BOTH are AE86s. For the American market, call them SR5 or GT-S, calling a GT-S an AE88 makes you look like a retard. RCR even corrected himself recently.

You'd be better off buying a GT-S than importing an AE86 from Japan. Importing is a headache. You can fit all the bumpers on it and pretty much all the other items the Japanese AE86 was offered with. Exact same car.

>b-but the gt-s is weaker than the japanese model

Hardly. HP difference is minimal. You could put 2 people in a Japanese AE86 and have it be slower than a GT-S with one person in it.
>>
>>16481964
The SR5 is not an AE85. The SR5 has the 4A-C engine, the AE85 is a Japan-exclusive trim level that had the even worse 3A-U engine, a worse transmission and drum brakes on all four corners.
>>
>>16482082
Forgot to mention the SR5 was offered with 4 speed automatic. The GT-S was only offered with the same T-50 that Japanese models had.
>>
File: 1483147799010.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483147799010.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>16482082
>carbonated
>>
File: coca-cola-08.jpg (85KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
coca-cola-08.jpg
85KB, 1000x1000px
>>16482082
>carbonated
>>
>>16480226
I don't know but I drive a 2017 Corolla and I'm going to paint it white and put some Japanese letters on it.
>>
>>16482082
>You could put 2 people in a Japanese AE86 and have it be slower than a GT-S with one person in it
you mean that a car with two japs on board would be the same as the car with one american?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.