[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like being a car salesman at a dealership?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: manlet.png (1MB, 1271x675px)
manlet.png
1MB, 1271x675px
What's it like being a car salesman at a dealership?
>>
>What's it like being a car salesman at a dealership?

Yeah, I wonder the same.
What does it feel like to lose your soul?
>>
Somebody post LPG screencaps
>>
>>16476681
the old balding guy who hangs around the sporty models is the man to talk to, the rest just want you to sign the paper.
>>
You talk to a person, either someone on the lot or an up you got from an internet lead and try to convince them to come in, show them a car or two, work out roughly what they can do on a monthly payment, see what kind of loan you can get them approved on, choose the car, and then hand it over to finance and make a commission.
>>
>>16476734
Also, I forgot, you have to fuckin babysit all your co-workers all day because car sales, and just about any sales job in general, attracts the biggest group of high-maintenance functional drug-addicts short of temp workers and gov't art grants.

That's a very big part of being a car salesman, at least the ones I've worked at.
>>
Going to a dealership tomorrow looking at a used car. Never bought a car before.

It's listed at $6580, which is below suggested retail. I think it's pretty fair. I'd like to pay $6100-6200 ideally though. Paying cash. Do you think the salesman will budge at all on this price?
>>
>>16476761
This is actually a very common thing. I'm from Northern Canada, and the sales rep I dealt with mentioned that cocaine was a common problem with lots of younger salesmen.
>>
>>16476681
You sell as much as you can to match quotas at the dealership. Through any means necessary. Even lying about deals and the features of a car. Even through desperation by sending gifts to potential buyers and getting them lunch.

I've worked at dealerships all my life in the service department. Those snakes will do anything to get you on the hook to a car. It's almost disgusting at times.
>>
>>16476681
>>16476691
>>16476698
>>16476707
>>16476734
>>16476761
>>16478061
>>16478083
82.199.155.15/pdf/Tales%20From%20The%20Dealership.pdf

every single story LPG has ever posted

your welcome
>>
Did LPG ever get the opportunity to tell his final stories that he couldn't share while still being employed by the car lot? I recall him stating that he would share them around December 2016 once he switched to the technology field.
>>
>>16478201
No. He's now a normie code monkey just trying to pay off his college debt now.
>>
famous lines
>I bought my kid one of these babies
>I bought my wife one of these babies
>EVERYONES GETTEN EM
>We got a new shipment in...better get em quick..they fly like hotcakes
>AMERICA BEST SELLING (FILL IN SEGMENT)
>WERE HAVING A DEAL ON THESE
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.