[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: 90s.png (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
4KB, 259x194px
How do we fix it?
>>
File: 1440355417252.png (576KB, 927x730px) Image search: [Google]
1440355417252.png
576KB, 927x730px
all of their cars are underpowered

have ford supply Ecoboost engines to make them sportier
>>
File: 57i-1000_1.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
57i-1000_1.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
Any easy performance upgrades for a 17 year old car? Don't want to go too far into the engine because this thing is like legos glued together.
>>
>>16466547
LS competitor with RWD and a glorious VTEC V8
The Legend and TL/CL would of been kick-ass if they were RWD
>>
SH-AWD in all models
>>
>>16466547

Acura was intended to be a luxury sub-brand under Honda like Lexus was for Toyota and while the Acura Legend was a great car (although admitedly not as great as the LS original LS for lexus) sales just weren't where they should've been and Acura pulled out of the European market since getting people to buy Lexus let alone any luxury car without a BMW or just a german badge in general was difficult. and even if they came back and made a better car than the competition in every objective way sales would never surpass badge-whore cars and Honda knows this so they've just given up and (i believe) only left Acura in America because Americans are the most loyal to a brand that probably would've been cancelled by Honda at this point like how Toyota made scion defunct and replaced whatever leftover scion cars with Toyota badges.

I think they gave up far too quickly in global markets which really hurt the brand's identity overall making a comeback nearly impossible.

They should've put more effort into it i mean love Cadillac or hate em even they are at least trying in terms of making their own platforms, engines, and even showed off concepts of what they could do if given the freedom by GM. i don't know if Acura ever made such concepts of rolls royce-like luxury but its saddening that it feels as if Honda has mostly forgotten about them and doesn't really treat them as seriously as Toyota does Lexus.
>>
>>16466547

They could start by figuring out where they stand in the market. Its this weird middle brand that is something above the parent company Honda but doesnt offer anything like the luxury and sport of other partner companies like lexus or infiniti. Its like a car for someone who is looking for a Honda but decided spend 5 grand more for different styling.
>>
File: IMG_2551.jpg (507KB, 2056x1146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2551.jpg
507KB, 2056x1146px
>>16466547
Bring this back
>>
Bring back names people know like Legend and Integra.
Seriously who doesn't want a car named Legend?
>>
>>16466547
Total firesale and rebuild from ground up. It's the only way.
>>
Stop letting Americans and women design their cars.
>>
Make it actual luxury. Not the uncomfortable garbage it is now. Honda has the mindset that more buttons means more luxury.
>>
>>16466697
This. Stop making BORING FUCKING CARS. The Legend and Integra were distinctive. It used to be that Acura led the way design-wise for Honda, not the other way around. Now Acura pumps out 5 or 6 rebadged Civics and Accords every year and expects people to consider them "luxury"...why? Why pay $5-10K more for an Acura badge rather than Honda?
>>
>>16466725
>>16467148

Wasn't the Integra just a re-badge'd honda? it looked like they changed absolutely nothing but the badges.
>>
Now that the NSX is out do you think their R&D team will work on something not boring?
>>
File: 02-2007-acura-tl-type-s.jpg (194KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
02-2007-acura-tl-type-s.jpg
194KB, 1280x852px
>>16466547
v8s and rwd and hire back the their mid 2000s designer
>>
>>16466564
>Eco
>Boost
one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>16467216
That actually looks really nice for a 2007, fuck.
My 08 ms3 doesn't have stock wheels that look THAT nice, and the front end on that looks simple but clean. Might pick one up lmao
>>
File: Lexus LC500h.jpg (68KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus LC500h.jpg
68KB, 980x490px
>>16466547
Shoop an Acura badge onto the front, and charge $50k with RWD and a V8.
>>
>>16466547
ban from making fwd cars.
>>
>>16466725
literally own type r that I've put a turbo on.
>>
>>16467278
>economic
>boost

>he thinks turbos can't be used for mpgs because he's seen too many chinese cartoons and has clocked over 10,000 hours in racing sims
wew lad
>>
>>16468414
well the new gt makes it seem like ford can't do that
>>
Right now they're just shitty Lexus. Acura needs to be superior to Lexus in some obvious respect. The answer is that their cars should focus more on sport/tech, maybe, although they already tried the whole "sporty and techy" image in the early 2000s and it didn't manage to work then.
>>
>>16468456
Lexus and Audi have cornered "sporty/tech" now.
They could never be "old-world" like Mercedes and Jag.
They could work on being "pure sport" BMW but everyone else already is hitting BMW pretty hard on that front too.

There's nowhere left for Acura to go except into continued irrelevance. Like Lincoln and Buick.
>>
>>16468456
The cars weren't powerful enough to compete with sporty offerings from competitors. Also the power plenum thing was hideous.
>>
>>16468446
what do you expect from Amerfats? My cousin works at the Ford plant and he says the employees clap after they finish each car
>>
>>16468295
>>16467216
these are one of the greatest oem wheels of all time.

also, acura needs to do more rwd, awd, and 8k+ revving cars.
>>
File: titanic laughter.jpg (27KB, 540x281px) Image search: [Google]
titanic laughter.jpg
27KB, 540x281px
>>16468474
>he says the employees clap after they finish each car
>>
Should have spammed hybrid tech back before the other luxury options had theirs ready.
And not just FWD only, the RLX SHSHAWDPAWS tech should have come out 5 years ago and the RWD electric motors should have been planned for all their models by now.

They came out of the 09 recession with no plan and are paying for it
>>
File: bruh.jpg (324KB, 1556x986px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
324KB, 1556x986px
>>16468456
>they're just shitty Lexus.

How are they like Lexus at all?
>>
>>16466725
>>16467216
These
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.