[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOTUS Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1244185941715.jpg (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1244185941715.jpg
114KB, 500x375px
So Lotus, the most anti-normie cars you can buy.

I've driven an Exige and absolutely loved it, but how easy are they to daily?
Reliability issues for the electrics? Other non-Toyota parts?

I am sort of umming and aahing about getting one, but it will be my only car.

Does anyone daily one? Or had long experience with them?
>>
File: 2012-lotus-elise-s-1.jpg (289KB, 1600x844px) Image search: [Google]
2012-lotus-elise-s-1.jpg
289KB, 1600x844px
>>16462560
>>
Shit, forgot to post.
Anyone?
>>
>>16462560
>cruisin the streets in your shitbox, like the rebel that you are
>suddenly a white car pulls up to your right
>"hey, you there!"
>>
File: exige_sport_350_01.jpg (354KB, 1700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
exige_sport_350_01.jpg
354KB, 1700x1132px
>>16462665
That didn't answer any of my questions :(
>>
Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious
>>
>>16462560
Don't buy one for a daily driver. It might seem like a good idea, but then you will regret it. I knew a college kid from Chicago that bought one when the first showed up in the US. His parents were wealthy, but they were only going to buy him one car...and he chose a Lotus. Fucking regretted. Can't hear the radio or have conversations, has no floor carpet, seats are 2 inches off the floor and will hurt you. You can't even light a cigarette in one, they are too bumpy.
>>
>>16462560
>daily driving a Lotus
You'd have to be mad to do it.
>>
>>16462700
>>16462732
I already drive something low, stiff, manual, but the Lotus would be that little bit extra, which is what excites me, but also makes me wary, is it too far.
>>
If you are certain you can make do with zero practicality then go for it. Its (lack of) trunk space makes the miata seem like a practical car.
>>
>>16462760
It's a track car. It has virtually no amenities. There is no other car that will prepare you for it. A go cart might.
>>
You know you're driving a Lotus when you're overtaken by your own wheel.
>>
>>16462778
>There is no other car that will prepare you for it.
Caterham tho
>>
>>16462560
Want lotus feel with a tiny bit more of daily driveability? Look at the Alfa 4C
>>
I'm pretty sure I could DD an elise.

currently driving a stripped BRZ. the only comfort ive retained is AC and, glass windows.

gonna start looking for a good one this summer, either that or a classic mini cooper S
>>
>>16462699

>Toyota drivetrain
>trouble
pick one
>>
>>16462560
Good friend of mine has an Elise. Drove it from Philly to Indy for Gencon one year. Said it was way more pleasant on the highway than his shitbox saturn sedan.

Nice car. Let me drive it, very much like a gokart. Getting into-out of it is tricky and annoying. Don't expect any female to ride with you if she is wearing a skirt or dress, she will not be able to get in/out. Also fat guys need not apply.
>>
>>16462560
Speaking as someone who DD'd a Boxster, I still couldn't imagine DD'ing an Elise/Exige. A Boxster has a decent trunk, isn't too noisy on the road, and has all the amenities of a normal car. The Elise/Exige has no useful storage, is noisy in a bad way, and pretty stripped down.

The Evora is designed to be a DD, but a Porsche Cayman S is cheaper and better, and you can get into a base 911 for Evora money.

So, really, what is the point of a modern Lotus?
>>
>>16463365
lotus fucking handles.
>>
>>16463365
>So, really, what is the point of a modern Lotus?

point of a modern lotus is that is still weighs half of your hairdresser porsche
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 640x919px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 640x919px
>>16462665
>"What do you want, slow cunt?"
>>
>>16463404
>>elise
>>track performance: 0

Seems legit
>>
I DD a classic mini with no problems whatsoever, so any Lotus is easy mode.

Anyway why would it be an issue? Unless you are 70 and have back problems, or you got the wife 3 kids and a dog, it's just a fun car that you can DD like any other.

If you want confort instead of fun, don't get a car and spend the cash on cabs.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.