[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me pick a used car.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0031.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
I went and drove a 07 M6 with a 22k price tag and 70k miles today. It had open headers and sounded like a legit race car (would prolly get annoying). I liked it but if I bought it I would need to part with my 72 Datsun 240z that is 80% complete (body, brakes, suspension, and fuel system done, runs and drives, but want to drivetrain swap) to get some garage space and money. I don't think I want to.

Help me find a sportyish 4 year old car with decent gas mileage and less than 100k for around 10k please.
>>
M6 will be great till the SMG nukes on you. If it's one of 300 something rare manual trans def scoop it up.

A better car though in that same price range is a Cayman imo. But that's because I have a porsche boner.
>>
>>16458843
Not manual and I am not brand loyal I will check out cayman.
>>
>>16458302
>an M6 with open headers

If pic related is the car and this was at a dealer that's a giant red flag
>>
>>16459063
Kind of my thought too. I drove it for 60 miles. Trans was solid in both "manual" and auto modes. It wasn't a CPO it was lost at a Honda dealer.

I sort of asked for advice on seeking out other options that weren't German and cheaper to maintain. Any thoughts?
>>
>>16458302
>used m6
>70k miles
>using "prolly"
Underage b&. A civic for 3k would suit you better.
>>
>>16459306
I was actually getting my 3k civic fixed because it dumped the key authentication crap due to a dead battery it got while I was out of town on business getting paid. I have held off on buying a car because I am a responsible adult and needed to buy my wife a car to haul our kids around with. I wasn't super in the market but the dealer saw me walking around looking at stuff and asked me if I wanted to drive the M6 because I have an 800 credit score and he likes commision.

I didn't think it would be that impressive but a V10 with open headers sounds like an Indy car and my god those seats were made by angels.

I could buy this car today without financing but my money is worth more than 2.9% interest in the market at least until trump fucks up. And I don't want to drop 5k on the trans repair that will occur in the next 30k.

I guess tell me why I should buy a WRX that some kid has fucked up or an S2000 with a leaky roof now so I can get this thread out of my life and go back to figuring out how to get a ford rear end under my Datsun.
>>
accord v6
>>
a corvette C5 will be best performance per dollar

if you arnt too concerned with sportyness then get a turbo 4 door fwd car

OR BETTER YET
look into supercharged foxbody mustangs, they generally will fall into that range
>>
>>16459456
My wife had one of those before we got her XC90 I should have held it and dumped my shitty civic.
>>
>>16459461
I thought you were someone I knew until you said mustang. I have a buddy with a C5 and it is nice but I kind of want a car that is both new enough (leaky seals) and shitty enough to park in the driveway.

I wasn't parking an M6 outside either kind of why I didn't buy this thing desu.
>>
>>16459271
hold up nigger.

You went to a car dealership and drove one of their vehicles that they are trying to sell.

For 60 miles.

Then came back to the dealership and told them that you wanted something that wasn't German, and wasn't expensive to maintain, two things that you knew this car was before you walked in the door.

And the preceded to not buy the car and walk out of the joint.

You are the fucking giant red flag.
>>
>>16460072
I think he's based as fuck
I wish I could have seen the look on the dealer's face when he looked at the odo
>>
I think it's perfect
>high mileage on an incredibly unreliable car
>already been modified so you know the PO took great care of it
>being sold off a used lot on high interest
>OP surely would barely be able to cover the payments
It just checks every box, I would but it tomorrow OP
>>
>>16460471
>70k miles
>10 year old car
>high mileage
how retarded are you really?
>>
>>16460072
Dealer told me to take it to show the wife. She was in the next town over. We went to eat lunch and I took the car back. Idgaf about the dealer. I was looking at a G35 while getting my car serviced. Dude said come look at this M6 after I told him I was an engineer with an 800 credit score. He said you wanna drive it. I said hell yeah but I am not going to buy it. He says let's go get the keys.

>>16460471
I don't think you have read any of my post. I literally ask for recommendations for a 4 year old car in the OP.

>>16460450
Thanks anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.