[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth buying a car for less than $1000 in USA? Are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: crushed-car.jpg (215KB, 750x509px) Image search: [Google]
crushed-car.jpg
215KB, 750x509px
Is it worth buying a car for less than $1000 in USA?

Are they really that cheap?

Or is "dude cars are dirt cheap in USA lmao XD" a meme?
>>
>>16451577
>Or is "dude cars are dirt cheap in USA lmao XD" a meme?
Even in Europe you can find cars in decently road-worthy condition for under 1k.
>>
Most cars in that price range are garbage. You can get something nice in the $2-3k though.
>>
>>16451577
>Or is "dude cars are dirt cheap in USA lmao XD" a meme?

Does anybody even think that? I can't really think of many places in the civilized world where 1000$ doesn't get you a solid car.
>>
The average car in that price range will be a piece of shit, but yes, you should be able to get a car that runs decently for the money.

I wouldn't do it unless I couldn't get more money for some reason. Just save a bit more money and you get a much better car.
>>
I have owned three cars that were under $1000, the cheapest being $300. Any car for that price will need work. If you know how to do mechanical and body work yourself you can certainly get a car that cheap and fix it yourself. It will take some time to find one thats worth fixing though.
>>
File: KEN_KUHN.jpg (180KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
KEN_KUHN.jpg
180KB, 800x631px
>>16451577

Depends where you are in the states, it's a big place. Largely older cars can be found in reasonably solid running and driving (yet neglected) condition for $1k or less out in the deserts of Nevada, Arizona and California. You just have to know where to look and be willing to drive several hours to get a good deal.
>>
>>16451577
It sounds wild but it's very possible to get a completely fine car for less than $1000

Plenty of decent Geo Metro's that I would hoon

You won't find something like a running 240sx or E30 for less than that unless you are lucky and the seller doesn't know what they have.
>>
>>16451596
This, the difference between a $1500 car and a $3000 car is insane, you'll probably end up with a car that's 5 times as good as you would otherwise.
>>
cars are cheap if you know how to shop and what to look for. also knowing how a screwdriver works and having basic mechanic abilities. most people selling cars <1k dont realize how little effort and money it actually takes to fix shit like an alternator or do a brake job, so you can do a lil fixing and have a super cheap ride.

>>16451619
there are soooo many good old cars out west. recently moved from AZ to new england and theres nothing for sale out here older than ~97 cause everything just disintegrates into rust in 3 years
>>
>>16451577
Cars used to be cheap, then all the cheap cars got crushed in cash for clunkers. The best part is that the new cars replacing them won't last longer than 10 years, so there won't really be any more cheap cars again
>>
>>16451584
this is generally true, however if you are patient its not difficult to find a sub 1k gem off CL. you just got to wait a few months or so.
>>
>>16451577
This image made me want to kill myself
>>16451580
>>16451584
Roommate is driving a $500 accord with almost no issues on 200K miles
>>16451721
god damn this is a depressing thread
>>
Dd'ing a 252k mile 500 dollar civic atm, I get 32 mpg no matter what so I'm pretty happy with it
>>
if you buy a 10000 dollar car for 5 grand, it's gonna suck. if you buy a 5000 dollar car for 1 grand. it's gonna suck. if you buy a 1000 dollar car for 20 bucks and a slim jim, it's gonna suck. do with this information what you will.
>>
You can find decent shitboxes in the 800-1200 dollar range pretty easy. Just have to be careful and prepared.
>>
>>16452360
I'll only sell a car if they throw in a slim jim
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.