[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Test Driving and checking used cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1466776146502.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1466776146502.png
334KB, 512x556px
How long do you usually take to test drive a car, and what ways do you check it out?
>>
>>16451167
During the drive itself I'm looking at:
>tracking straight
>abnormal noises
>functioning interior controls
>proper braking
>smooth revrange

Basically the interior and mechanical wellbeing of the car that can't be seen visually or while parked.
>>
>>16451167
5-10 minute
if everything feel right
like that dubs say>>16451199
ed
>>
>>16451199
If a car is tracking slightly off to one side, would this be a big problem to walk away from?
>>
>>16451167
I was looking at a used miata recently, and it revved smoothly up and down, but at idle it seemed to kind of go up and down by itself, especially if I had the clutch depressed to the floor. It was almost like it was going to cut and would then pop back to around 900 rpm and down again.

What would this be a sign of?
>>
>>16451252
Bad iacv or could be timing. If someone just replaced the timing belt you could be sure the timing is off by a tooth. Happened to me when i replaced the belt
>>
during the test drive i honestly try to break the car

cold start, hard revs, peddal down from dead stop, hard as possible stops

if nothing happens then its good
>>
>>16451405
This is somewhat true and somewhat retarded. I've pushed a car a little hard then popped the hood to check for leaks and under the car as well. But not drive to break the car. That's still not your car, why the fuck would you do that.
>>
>>16451405
I get this - better for something to break on it now rather than when you buy it.

BUT, i wouldnt do stupid shit that I know would even damage a decent car, like hard revving cold engine and driving like a jumped up ricer faggot.

Its kind of like looking to buy a house, but seeing if the windows hold up against a few rocks first.
>>
>>16451235
Nah, just a good reason to lower the price. Usually it just needs realigning. I don't know any mechanical issues that could permanently make the car unaligned, but maybe some /o/tists know.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.