[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Tesla?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: s-l1600.jpg (392KB, 1600x1016px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
392KB, 1600x1016px
Tesla Model S's from 2012 -2014 ones are on the used market from 35k. Worth getting one?

Mind that most are base models such as the 85 and 90.

Also the common clocked miles are from 20k to 50k.

Also how reliable would these be?
>>
File: 1411258440286.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1411258440286.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>16450620
>>
Teslas are disposable, and they're made for people who can afford to buy a new one every 3 years. If you can't afford to buy one new, you can't afford to buy one used.
>>
>>16450620
Don't do it, OP

I worked for Tesla in 2014. I would never buy one. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>16450620
>he thinks buying a car which depreciates by 60% in 4 years is a good idea
They're depreciating like that for a reason. Enjoy your falling apart expensive piece of shit
>>
>>16450649
was it the long hours, being overworked, and being expected not to take vacation time?
>>
Show me one for 35k, the cheapest one I've seen is 48k for an optionless 60
>>
>>16450620
>Also how reliable would these be?

Supposedly, they're terrible aka "average." Problems arise at around 60k miles. Usually just battery degradation, but some D cars may get some front motor failure.
>>
>>16450620
I don't have any first hand experience with Tesla, but the numerous things I've read and watched about them indicate they have very poor build quality. The fit and finish of the panels and trim pieces is almost atrocious for a car of that price. I wouldn't do it personally, OP. I would wait until they get their issues sorted out.
>>
They have an 8 year warranty. Once that runs out they're fucked. Almost all of the car requires a Tesla technician.
>>
>>16450620
The battery will be fucked. Think about your mobile phone battery after two years of use, they use exactly the same technology, but tesla expect you to belive there batteries magicaly don't degrade at the same rate.
>>
>>16450620
Why buy an electric car when you can pay for fuel? You have disposable income I assume?
>>
>>16451476
That dosn't cover normal wear and tear such as battery life. Look at the Tesla owners forums.
>>
>>16451237
MUH UPSTART CULTURE
>>
>>16451497
Tesla is working hard to reduce the battery costs when that time comes with their new factory. It's little things like the electric door handles OP should start to worry about.
>>
>>16451480
>they use exactly the same technology
Your phone has a cooling/heating system that keeps every cell in a tiny temp rage and a BMB that constantly equalizes the voltage of each cell, monitoring them over time and adjusting the charge/discharge to maximize life?
>>
>>16451550
Yes
>>
>>16451550
>Thinking that improves life at anything other than extream C rates.

Your phone dosn't have a sufficent discharge or charge rate to generate sufficent heat to be an issue, the oporating temperature range of a tesla pack is still higher.
>>
>>16451554
Cool, what phone?

>>16451555
Everything in your post is wrong, why make up random shit when you don't know what you are talking about?
>>
>>16451567
iTism
>>
>>16450649
thanks for the specific post detailing why you think OP shouldn't get one. This surely contributed to the quality of the thread and added to the body of knowledge of the vehicle.
>>
>>16451591
There are many articles explaining how shit Tesla cars are.
>>
>>16451550
>implying phone batteries discharge at high enough rates under normal use to require active heat management
>>
>>16451567
Wow you are either a shill or stupid. Actualy you could be both.
>>
>>16451535
what does that mean exactly
>>
>>16451476

They dont have an 8 yr warrantee when they are CPO. You get the remaining original warrantee and the ability to buy an extended.

The build quality is shit. Panel gaps are all over the place. the interior is Chevy-tier. Admittedly, Chevy is getting better and is actually pretty good, but the earliest Teslas are not aging well. Speaking of not aging well, the tech is going to be way out of date. Currently autopilot hardware has been updated twice and the main CPU was increased 40x in 2016 over the original spec.

Finally, there is the buying experience... Go to the CPO web site, pick a car and call to see it. "Oh, its out as a customer loaner." "When will it be back?" "Keep calling and maybe you'll get lucky."

Oh man. Lease new or buy a Kia.
>>
Unless Tesla gives you a warranty that will cover more than 5 years or unlimited mileage, NO.

I mean, lets just talk about batteries in general. Even rechargable batteries will lose maximum charge overtime. Also, consider the Tesla is used and it is the 1st gen of Teslas. Yes, they have SOFTWARE UPDATES, but like that will do much for hardware lmao.

I would honestly tell you to avoid at all cost and just wait or save up for either 1) A brand new next-gen Tesla or 2)Don't buy a Tesla and spend the 100 grand on something fancy.
>>
this women that worked at a tesla store told me they go 1 million miles before any maintenance -- fucking lying whore i should of raped and killed her
>>
auspoorfag here

What are helsas actually like?

Whats tesla like to deal with as a company?

Are they as unreliable as the jewtubers blabber on about for adsense or is it a meme?

The build quality on the interior is horrid
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.