[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future electric cars you want to see come to market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Anyone else think the Lucid Air, aside from the stupid ass name and some retarded interior choices, looks really good?

It's probably the first electric car that I really like in terms of aesthetics. In particular I like the lack of a front grill. What do you anons think?
>>
>>16450131
>>
>>16450134
>>
a new day, a new concept pulled out of the ass
>>
>>16450134
>>16450137

looks like they come t-bone damaged from factory
>>
>>16450158
Kek, true they could do a better job there. Still, I'm really digging the overall look and shape for some reason. It just seems like a handsome car and relatively restrained.
>>
>electric
so its going to be heavy, go 60 miles, and a technological dead end?
>>
Faraday Future keeps on showing stuff but I know nothing about them. I know vw is gonna be releasing a bunch of electrics as per their agreement with dieselgate. Also, when people argue you're shifting the burning process from your car to a plant. A car is only 20% efficient at producing power from gas whereas a power plant can be as efficient at 50 to 60% efficient. So even if it was coal which alot of plants are not burning anyways due to it not being economic anymore, it's still more efficient than a ICE
>>
>>16450816
But it's not the energy a power plant is using, it's the materials you have to use. Those batteries are horrible for the environment and you'll never compensate that, at least not with our current battery tech.
>>
>>16450780
Agree on the heavy part and the range/charging limits but what makes you think it's a technological dead end?

>>16450828
I don't think anyone except for the biggest green retards actually believe that electric cars are good for the environment or without negative externalities. All manufacturing is environmentally destructive. And of course the batteries are bad for the environment.

But so is fossil fuel extraction. And lithium mining is probably a bit less impactful than mining the metals that go into an ICE engine. Again, not to mention the process of getting unrefined petroleum into your gas tank.
>>
>>16450828
>Those batteries are horrible for the environment and you'll never compensate that
I think you slightly over-estimate the impact those batteries have.

They're bad but the differences are flattened out fairly quickly if you're using primarily green energy sources.
>>
>>16453037
I've read that even with a relatively dirty coal powered grid the overall effects aren't as bad as ICE due to the much greater efficiency. We obviously don't have the grid infrastructure necessary at this point to switch to a primarily electric fleet in the US yet.
>>
>>16450131
The front looks great. They went pants on head retarded for those rear bucket seats though.
>>
>>16450828
Yeah but those batteries can be recycled, and electric cars are way more easy to refurbish with new batteries than putting a new engine in a normal car.

You can't ever capture CO2 emissions from an ICE vehicle, that's permanent damage that can't be mitigated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.