[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audi S3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0114.jpg (320KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
320KB, 960x720px
Redpill me on the S3 B5, /o/

>AWD Turbo
>210HP
>Good daily-ability
>Good looks
>Tune-able

Might buy one soonish if there aren't any glaring issues with it.
>>
>>16446507
>>210HP
disappointing for such a heavy and unreliable car. I really like Audi's but they always seem to miss the mark in those two criteria
>>
>>16446507

>Luxury car
>4banger
>200hp

Why do people do this? Being a brandwhore is fine but at least get a fucking V6...
>>
>>16446507

It's like a shit WRX.

Which is impressive given how shit WRX's are.
>>
>>16446560
It's supposed to be a boyracer model.
>>
>>16446507
>>AWD Turbo
Haldex """"""""""""""""AWD"""""""""""""""" is FWD until it detects slip from the front wheels, and then it can send up to 50% of the power to the rear. Basically when you're understeering towards a wall, power gets sent to the rear so you hit it harder.
>>210HP
Only when it works. Which isn't often.
>>Good daily-ability
I wouldn't call a car that has to spend a few days a week in the shop a good daily.
>>Good looks
Nice Golf.
>>Tune-able
And it'll blow up the second you try.
>>
>>16446507
doesnt this have a k04?
good luck tuning it. it will blow up so fast
>>
>>16446731
K04s are great in my experience but I am pretty sure, eithout googling that it's using a k03
>>
>>16446756
Nah, the regular 1.8T engines used K03s, I think the S3 and TT had the "big turbo" K04 variant.
>>
>>16446771
Goes to show what I know. Anything wrong with the k04? I never tuned mine (very different application than a vag) but other than hitting a volume wall at about 25psi from what I've read and the mileage I was able to pull on one I considered them to be pretty decent little snails
>>
>>16446833
They're journal bearing turbos (like the K03) iirc, so oil changes are crucial. Also on VAG's 1.8T engines the turbos get hot and "burn" the oil, resulting in big oil sludge issues. Not sure if that's as much of a problem on the K04 variants since K04s are bigger and therefore spin up later, so they're not active all the time like the K03s.
>>
>>16446507
just get a v8 faggot.
>>
>>16446861
I was putting 13k miles on my turbo cobalt between oil changes and it gave my no problems through 160k miles. I guess that the oil at the E.O.L. always looked light light caramel in color is what allowed me to get away with that. Almost 2 years later I still see the old car often ripping through town in the early manner I drove it... redlining when possible/practical. Gm had mine spinning up at 1750rpm by ear and 2k by boost gauge.

>better lucky than good
>>
>>16446891
Not going to happen in the UK, mate.
>>
>>16446507
>>>16446507
>
>>Luxury car
>>4banger
>>200hp
>
>Why do people do this? Being a brandwhore is fine but at least get a fucking V6...

Even considering a v6 over the glorious inline 6 in 2017. Why op??!
>>
>>16446677
>car that has to spend a few days a week in the shop

how do you know that, did you own one?
>>
>>16446975
>being a eurocuck
>>
From my experience of my mates one:

Fast but boring.
AWD is shit because it's just FWD most of the time.
As long as it's looked after reliability is fine.
Pain in the arse to work on.
Decent comfort for a sporty car.

Really, for me the big killer is that it was just a really boring car to drive. It's not a bad car, but it just doesn't feel fun. But I guess that's more of a personal thing.

Go test drive a couple and if you like it, probably will be worth it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.