[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the 2002 Lexus SC430

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pt_26553_167029.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pt_26553_167029.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
Is it a good bang for your buck at $6,900?

I read reliability reviews here and it's apparently not bad at all: https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/sc-430/2003/#edm-entry-car-valuation

Why is this car so universally hated? Top Gear?
>>
Only niggers drive them.
>>
>>16446330
>Not an >1997 SC400 with that sick V8 for 4k
>>
>>16446330

As far as excitement and drivablilty, it's pretty shit. It lacks the dynamics and feel that should come with a proper sports car. It also lacks the practicality of a similar soft top convertible, as the big top takes up tons of space in the trunk.

...that said, if you're looking for a hardtop convertible that looks decent and doesn't break often, it's ok. Considering the only other options in this category and price range are old Mercs and shitty Chrysler Sebrings...
>>
>>16446330
>Redpill me
kill you are self
>>
>>16446330
Women's car
>>
>>16446330
>Why is this car so universally hated? Top Gear?

Yes, but you also have to remember that the Z40 was seen as something of a downgrade from its Z30 predecessor. Its styling was bland, the 3UZ made less power than the 1UZ it replaced, it was much heavier than the Z30, and the only upgrade it got in its decade-long production run was going from 5sp A650E used since 1998 to the 6sp A761E. It was lacking compared to its more powerful and stylish competition at the time -- chiefly getting BTFO by the R230 SL-Class.
>>
>>16446330
Are you a grill?
>>
So, it's basically a nicer Solara?
>>
>>16446379
I only see older white people driving them
>>
>>16446528
A RWD V8 Solara with 90% of the back seat removed.
>>
Lexus mechanic here.

>Shit performance
>Body has the structural rigidity of jelly
>Airbag recall means the dash has to come out and on a car that old it never goes back in 100%
>All plastics under the hood are ABS/PA6+ with no glass fiber reinforcement so they become brittle and fall apart
>Water pump failures
>Timing case cover reseals
>Steering rack ends leak
>All shock absorbers will leak
>Brakes last 2 years on average for normal driving
>coil packs die

Avoid at all cost
>>
>>16449305

Oh and the HiD globes are expensive to replace but the real issue is the headlight assembly comes apart over time letting in moisture.

That then eats the ballast and 'ecu' in the lights. So then you are up for many hundreds of dollars for new headlights.

Can't remember the price off the top of my head but the RX350 lights are the same internal design and run around $1400 for a pair.
>>
>>16449305
>>16449314
Much appreciated, I'll avoiding this piece of shit like the bubonic plague.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.