[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

01 vw Passat 2.8 AWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0579.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0579.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I'm about to buy one of these cars the ABS lights are on for what he says is the control module is this a big deal? Would it not pass inspection if that light was on? Are these cars any good?
>>
File: tooold.jpg (23KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
tooold.jpg
23KB, 397x300px
>>16444710
>vw
>2001
>good
>>
>Passat
>Passat B5

haha, have fun with tha-

>2.8 V6
ohoh now shit's getting really spicy fucking hel-

>4motion

you're going for the negative highscore, don't you.
in case you're not trolling I highly suggest you to read about B5 Passats.
>>
>>16444984
>>4motion
What's wrong with it? Is Haldex really that bad?
>>
>>16444710
It's an Audi A4 with a stretched wheelbase and the rear suspension off an A6. They eat front control arms (need a new full set every year) and have electrical issues out the ass, along with Audi maintenance costs.

>>16444996
It's Torsen AWD in the B5 (and only the B5), not Haldex.
>>
The only way OP could have topped this is if he was about to get the B5 Passat with the fucking W8 engine.
>>
>>16445000
>It's Torsen AWD in the B5 (and only the B5), not Haldex.
That's better then, isn't it? I thought Torsen is the cool shit.
>>
>>16445009
Yeah, the AWD system is nicked directly from Audi.
The cars (both Audi and VW versions) are total maintenance queens though, so make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.
>>
Jesus christ, dude. Stop. Don't ever buy a VAG product if you enjoy sitting down comfortably.

These cars are made to rape you in maintenance. Sure, they're great cars when they work, but when they don't... dear lord, get ready to pay more in maintenance than you originally paid for the car if you plan to own it for more than a few years.

Seriously, walk away. They're not worth it.
>>
>>16444710
No. Don't buy one unless it's almost perfect. They're only good with a sorted 1.8t or an alh tdi. (or the w8 if you can afford the repairs)
>>
>>16445036
This kind of opinion never stops to baffle me.
VWs and Audis are considered reliable DDs in Europe. German engineering etc etc.

What causes this much of a difference between America and Europe when it comes to the general opinion regarding VAG?
>>
>>16444710
Read the DTCs from the ABS control module. That'll tell you what's up.
>>
>>16445739
Dtc's?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.