[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /o/ I have a question for you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I recently found a car on Craigslist. It's a 2011 Genesis sedan, and this thing is the perfect price for me, but there's only one problem... It has a Florida "certificate of destruction." In doing research on this weird form of title I found that not only is it never supposed to drive on public roads again, but also that the title can only be transferred twice. I would be the second person on that list which means I'd be screwed if I couldn't find a loophole or some other way to get it to a reconstructed title. So is there? I'm in PA, by the way. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>16442566

That means it suffered catastrophic damage so severe that it's never safe to drive again. It can only be used for parts.

Why the FUCK would you want to drive it you stupid nigger? Wanna die in a car fire from some fucked fuel lines? Or maybe have the brakes fail at 70mph?

You're a retard, and although you're likely also poor, it doesn't mean you deserve to die just yet. Go buy a goddamn Civic.
>>
I already went to look at it, and there's already been work done to it, and what's left seems fixable. I'm not asking about safety stuff, just a loophole or some other way to get it back on the road. Also if I were to have dealer or repair/towing plates it'd be completly fine.
>>
>>16442566
You're not going to be able to get a different type of title for it. How cheap is it? If it's cheap enough, buy it and part it out.
>>
>>16442566
>Hi, Geico? Yes, I'd like to insure my car.
>What do you mean no?
>>
Jesus christ you're a retard
You don't care about safety stuff, and you're just looking for a loophole to change the title status, right?
So not only will it remain unsafe, but it's also NEVER GOING TO DRIVE ON PUBLIC ROADS AGAIN, and if it does so (illegally) it will not be good at all.
Get that through your skull before you lose a lot of money or kill yourself.
Better yet, horribly injure someone else while you live so you get sued for millions.

What price is it going for? Just so I can try to partially your stupidity
>>
I'm not trying to part it out though. Again, I'm just looking for a way to get it back on the road. It's not like I don't have any cars. I have an 86 Toyota MR2 as daily, an 87 MR2 that I blew the engine in, as well as a sedan and a truck that I rarely drive.
>>
>>16442613
Only way to get it on the road again is via highly illegal title laundering. That's it.

For advice on what to do, see:
>>16442609
>>16442607
>>16442587
>>16442576
>>
I talked him down to $3200. I was looking at the 09's but then this kept popping up, so I decided to take a look.
>>
So it's fully unanimous that it isn't safe and or illegal to do. So I guess that's a no go on it then. Gotcha. Thanks for your help.
>>
>>16442622
>Only way to get it on the road again is via highly illegal title laundering. That's it.
He could also swap the VINs off another wrecked, but repairable, Genesis with the same year, engine, trim, color, and similar mileage, but again that is also highly illegal.
>>
>>16442626
Anon, if you pay more than $100 for that car you are making a mistake. The only reason a sane, not retarded person would buy that car is to part it out or take it to a scrap yard. If you are not doing either of these things, stop now.
>>
>>16442639
Nothing is too good to be true in this world, anon.
The seller of the car has calculated parting out costs vs profits and set the selling price to where he can still make a healthy profit from selling just the car.
I'm glad you wised up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.