[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on the C6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I heard these have the most forgiving transmissions ever. Said by RCR tho and I trust that guy.

So I just want a car to drive and drive daily without impressing anyone much and be more familiar with manual. Also I heard people saying, LS engines by Chevy are pretty reliable.

What are your opinions on this car?
>>
Why not just get a c5 and save your money.

They look the same
>>
>>16439993
>I heard these have the most forgiving transmissions ever. Said by RCR tho and I trust that guy.
Try killing you are self
>>
File: 1482622136782.jpg (865KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1482622136782.jpg
865KB, 608x1070px
>>16439993
>>
>>16440033
>>16440039
Cut the shit and do you have a reason why did you both tell to kill myself?
>>
>>16440039

Cute. someone should make an anime out of that. make it very impressionable and enticing for the anime community<3
>>
>>16439993
I've owned a 1999 C5 for 2 years now and the only thing that has went out was the transmission. C5s are a lot cheaper than the C6s and in my opinion the pop up headlights and reliable LS1 engine make it a superior car. Not to mention these things run 12-14 sec quarter miles stock
>>
If you get a c5 you can pretend you're Sam Malone and open up a bar where everybody knows your name.
>>
>>16439993
C6 is like a C5 Z06 IIRC. Even a base manual will be quick. Get one.
>>
Heavy duty Tremec transmissions all have a few wierd things to get used to - biggest thing is that you can't shift hard on a cold start into 2nd or 3rd or you'll get a halfway crunch kind of feel and stress out the syncros.

Otherwise you could say it's forgiving in the sense that the gears are reasonably spaced with a relatively long first, so you don't need to constantly double change around town.

That said pretty much any Modern corvette will kill the crap out of you if you don't know how to drive it so don't go shiftlocking two days after owning the thing. Despite the way the car's really widespread it takes some respect to extract performance from it.
>>
>>16439993
C5's the best. They are more reliable overall.
>>
>>16439993
Get a CTS-V
Same engine
Same transmission
It is a better daily driver for the money and you will only impress select boomers.
>>
get a c5
>>
Along with the C5, this is the only good looking corvette.
>>
I own a 2011 C6 .The early c6 did have a few issues but GM corrected them with 2010+ models. You can't really go wrong with a non C7 corvette. You can even get a C5 Z06 for less than 24k now. Ignoring the C7 Z06 meme, vets ate built to last if keep maintenance up. One thing to remember, it's a corvette nothing is cheap on it. Tires are expensive, brake pads are expensive, it's a performance car. I see a lot of people getting used vets and not realizing that when you need to replace parts, it's not cheap.
>>
>>16441542
The thing with a Vette is there's so much after market it doesn't have to be expensive. On rockauto a basic brake pad/rotor kit for my accord is $120 and for a C5 it's $170, and that's not bottom barrel shit that's ceramics with shims.

Nothing stopping you from using all season tires on your Vette either.
>>
>>16441683
You have clearly never owned a corvette.
>>
>>16440046
RCR is a furry channel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uwYZ48pqxZg
Mr. Regular is in this
>>
>>16439993

get a v6 mustang
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.