[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, are there any specific reasons I should NOT get a 300d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1980300dwalnutb92.jpg (175KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1980300dwalnutb92.jpg
175KB, 625x416px
Hey /o/, are there any specific reasons I should NOT get a 300d if I have the chance?
>>
We are going to give you the SAME ANSWERS AS THE REST OF THE INTERNET. GOOGLE THIS FUCKING CAR

- RUST
- SLOW
- COMFY
- RELIABLE
>>
My mom had that exact car in that color, grew up choking on the diesel fumes in the backseat. The price is inflated a bit because of people doing veggie conversions. The drivetrain and chassis is great obviously but they aren't immune to electrical issues like instruments and window regulators. They are shitty to drive and not particularly comfortable.
>>
>>16436818
You will lose in a drag race agianst any lincoln town car.
>>
>>16436818
the only reason i don't have one is i can't find one
>>
>>16436818
I have a 240 and its the slowest thing I've ever driven bar none. It will also always run and never break but also be a piece of shit that doesn't work the entire time.
>>
>>16436818
Sure, it's a cool looking classic Benz that everyone across the globe from day traders in Picadilly London to Tomboctu South Africa recognizes.
But it's also just a really old car. Wires have corroded, vacuum hoses have disintegrated, pistons have etched. And it's not a common old car, like a VW Bug. Therefore sure, you might be able to find some parts at prices just shy of highway robbery, imported from Stuttgart directly.
But you'll get tired of having to fix shit on a monthly basis. There will be days where you just park it at the local Whole Foods, and get your normal vegan lactose free almomd milk ice cream, check out then get back to the car and it won't start. Then you're just sitting there with melted ice cream whole you wait for your bro to nrimg his jumper cables only to find out that its not the battery or the alternator, or the starter, or the fuel pump, or the radiator, but instead, its the head gasket. You knew you had an oil leak, because you saw that shit turning into chocolate milk the last time toi changed the oil, but you put it off because no way in hell the legendary Mercedes diesel tank would ever fail THAT hard.
But it did. And you just did some extensive Googling while you were waiting there and you realized that fixing this is going to require a scavenger hunt of over 12 parts that are going to cost a mortgage payment to import, and 16hrs of labor.
So you tow it back to your house and put it in the back of the driveway and decide to save up because you ARE going to fix your legendary ride. But then little Sarah is born, and you need money for diapers and daycare. Life happens.
>>
Suddenly it's 3 years later and that cunt of a wife Rhonda starts asking why your piece of shot Benz has to continue to rot in the driveway. You tell her shut the fuck up all it needs is a head gasket and its good as new.
Next thing you know it's another 4 years later and Rhonda up and left your ass and took Sarah with her too. Now you're stuck with a mortgage, and alimony, and child support while Rhonda's out screwing Sarah's new daddy.l, Tony. He's wealthy of course. It's another 5 years later now, and Sarah's all grown up! She gives you a call and says she wants to show you something asking if she can come over. Its 2hrs later and a nice looking dark colored sedan pulls into your driveway, parking near millimeters away from your Benz.
Turns out its a new W213 E-Class! You ooh and aww as you walk out on the pavement to greet this wonderful guest. Sarah gets out of it! You ask your precious daughter, who then starts gushing about her new E300. It's a 2017 with tablets everywhere! You muster up the couragento ask how your daughter obtained your dreamcar. Daddy Tony bought it for my birthday! You smile while she hugs you, not letting Sarah see the small tear roll down your face as you glance back at your old Benz.
You then buy a Lexus LS and stop speaking to your daughter for decades until your death.
>>
>>16437755
>>16437763
That's my boy, tell them how it is.
>>
>>16436849
>not particularly comfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS7j5I6aOc
>>
>>16437755
>And it's not a common old car
Wrong, the W123 is the most produced Mercedes-Benz chassis code of all time.
>having to fix shit on a monthly basis
Wrong, otherwise it wouldn't be known as the million mile car.
>>
>>16438838
>arguing facts in a work of fiction
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.