[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone explain this car to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5418.jpg (55KB, 660x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5418.jpg
55KB, 660x315px
Someone explain this car to me.
>>
>>16434499
Lotus with a gm engine. P gud
>>
Essentially a Lotus Elise but with Opel's own engines. Better value for money according to some.
>>
this is what happens when small companies like lotus can't afford to make a new car

it's basicaly a lotus with a body kit except quite cheap, at least in some parts of the world
pretty good track car but sadly only a track car, just like the lotus it's miserable on the streets
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 568x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 568x426px
Lotus was broke AF and needed GM money to develop the S2 elise which is essential what the speedster is.
>>
>>16434499
It's literally a second gen Lotus Elise, but with superior GM engines instead of those rover K-series.
2.2L models come naturally aspirated and are often supercharged using parts imported from America, while the turbo model uses Opel's famous 2.0L Turbo.
>>
>>16434499
Wow that looks like a dated design now. I don't know if it's the awkward Opel logo, or the small, stock wheels, but VX220s don't usually look this bad
>>
>>16434499
It's basically a Lotus, but made cheaper and sold cheaper.
Apparently just as good at the time.
>>
Oh wow, I only know of this car because of NFS:Hot Pursuit 2.

Nostalgia.
>>
File: vauxhall_vxr220_8.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
vauxhall_vxr220_8.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Comfy Elise, available with Turbo. Looks great. Buy one while they're still cheap.
>>
>>16434499
GM Lotus.
>>
The original Lotus with a GM engine swap and a bodykit.
>>
>>16435216
>NFS:Hot Pursuit 2.
m'nigga
>>
The Saturn Sky turbo is fast as hell, especially with the ECU flash. Don't know if the Opel or Vauxhal made as much power though. Very under-appreciated cars. Good on a track too.
>>
File: Opel_GT_front[1].jpg (2MB, 2430x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Opel_GT_front[1].jpg
2MB, 2430x1434px
>>16435683
You're confusing the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 with the Opel GT/Saturn Sky.
>>
>>16435683
Ah I guess the Saturn Sky is not based on the Opel Speedster, but the Opel GT which replaced the Speedster. We never had a Speedster equivelant un the US I don't think.
>>
>>16435694
Opel Speedster: 1950lbs
Opel GT: 2940lbs
Saturn Sky redline: 3077lbs
What a fat fuck
>>
>>16435741
I mean you're comparing a Lotus to a GM parts bin car that was supposed to slot in below the Corvette, are you really surprised?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.