[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on here drive an e38? I recently sold both of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2723.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2723.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Does anyone on here drive an e38? I recently sold both of my cars and now I'm down to just my Buell and it's kind of cold for that. I have the opportunity to buy a very nice example, it was owned it's entire life by my elderly neighbor and has all the service records for anything ever done to it, it looks like a brand new car. I've always really admired these cars but I never really thought about buying one before, I'm familiar with doing preventative maintanence so that doesn't bother me. I'm curious to hear your opinions
>>
Drove an E38 as my first car, actually. They are an absolute blast to drive and if you know about the maintenance required to keep these old beasts running, then I say go for it. It was probably my favorite of the cars I have owned.
>>
>>16430861
If it's a 740, timing chains and tensioners and vanos just like the 540i. V12 is good.
>>
>>16430861
Don't get a V12, they're engineering and maintenance nightmares. Aim for a facelifted 740iL if you want the least maintenance bug bears but any of the V8s are good.
>>
>>16433039
My plan was to get a prefacelkft car and do the facelift conversion because I read the facelifted cars are drive by wire, but are the facelifted cars more sorted that the prefacelkft cars?
>>
>>16434170
Just get a facelift. A year or two newer, better resale value, you don't have to source parts for the conversion, drive by wire is fine with the v8 and only a hassle if something goes wrong on v12 models (dual throttle bodies)
>>
So what the fuck happened
>>
>>16433039
my dad says the V8s are horrible
he had a 728i for a time and this was THE car for me as a kid

its the car that got me interested into cars and i want one so bad

>>16434436
this and the next 7 series are a meme
the F10 is goat
the e38 was the last good 7 series (dont know about the new one)
>>
>>16434436

i really like this gen of 7 series.

i dont know why

I would deffinately like to have one, but probably with one of the smaller engines.
>>
>>16434451
I wish I could get a 728i but it looks like they never came to the US, I know it would be really underpowered but I feel like you could easily do a 5 speed swap
>>
>>16434436
Made in China
>>
I DD 728i and I love it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.