[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First mods for a charger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (356KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 1242x1242px
Just recently bought a 2016 Dodge Charger R/T. What should I do to it? I already know I want to do a mid muffler delete. Also considering a hood air intake similar to the ones that the scat and SRT's have. Pic related
>>
>>16429725
Why mod a heavy autotragic boat? Should have got challenger if you wanted to do some shit. Tldr you bought the wrong car
>>
>>16429743
I wanted 4 doors, it's damn near close to the same car anyway. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, just little things
>>
>>16429754
Then you should have bought a WRX or STI
>>
>>16429757
>then you shoudlve bought a little ricer shitbox

the fuck anon
>>
>>16429761
Implying your boomerbomber is any better
>>
>>16429761
>Hurr better cars r shitboxes cuz not murrican
>Drives a fucking Dodge
>>
I knew coming here for advise was a bad idea

>hurr durr you bought an apartment building on wheels

I bought exactly what I wanted
>>
>>16429779
Then accept what it is fgt, a heavy boring commuter that deserves ZERO mods
>>
>>16429765
more comfortable
sounds better
more reliable
no replacement for displacement
>>
>>16429779
You wanted a giant shitball?
>Why
>>
>>16429786
a little ricer shitbox doesnt deserve to be modded either
>>
>>16429792
It's fast, it's loud, it looks good, it's practical. What's shit about it?

>can't corner like a wrx

Fuck off
>>
>>16429788
>Chrysler
>More reliable
KEKEKEKEKEK
>Sounds better
KEKEKEKEKEK
>No replacement for displacement
It's called not weighing two tons and forced induction, retard
>>
>>16429798

>What's shit
>dodge

this is the average chrysler driver

understeer into a tree and die, OP
>>
>>16429788
Never driven a new challenger but I'm 100% sure comfort is all you got going since it's a big planted car.
>>16429798
You bought wrong car expecting """"MODS""""
>>
>>16429807
Typical "it's dodge/Chrysler so it's shit"
Give me one reason why it's shit and I can probably shut it down
>>
>>16429822
You EXPECT performance from a practical turd
>shut it down
>>
>>16429779
Mot of /o/ hates anything that's over $2k and heavier than a Miata. The only exceptions being the poorfag LS400 and panther.
>>
>>16429801
>It's called not weighing two tons and forced induction, retard

lol

even the ricer shitbox is like 500 lbs from being 2 tons

its just a riced economy car

no one over the mental age of 16 would want one
>>
>>16429831
I didn't buy it as a performance car, it's an R/T not an SRT. It's a practical daily that's also fun to drive and looks good
>>
>>16429838
Then leave it at what it is and don't waste money on useless mawds, should of bought hellcat or challenger if you wanted power or mods
>>
>>16429845
Like I said, I'm considering stuff like mid muffler delete and hood intake. I'm not gonna supercharge the damn thing
>>
>>16429853
Listen man, exhaust and call it a fucking day
>>
>>16429845
>nearly 400 hp
>complains about it

>>16429853
dont delete any mufflers
>>
>>16429866
I never said it was WEAK, the car/trim itself IS NOT WORTH MODDING
>>
>>16429866
What downsides are there to a mid muffler delete specifically? I know people who have them on chargers and they said they don't get highway drone or any usual negatives of exhaust mods
>>
>>16429876
Get a catback nigger, at least do it right
>>
>>16429725
Bleach your skin
>>
>>16429779
Good for you OP. I recommend just leaving it stock. Those cars are okay from the factory already.
>>
>>16429870
why tho

an intake headers exhaust and a tune will get it over 400 hp

>>16429876
just get a proper exhaust
>>
>>16429881
That's why I'm not planning to do much but I really wanna do the exhaust. It sounds actually good as is but I know it could be so much better
>>
>>16429885
Extra power is pointless on this car, he said himself it's a practical car which will most likely be used as dd
>>
You need a goal first. Then you select mods. You don't do it the other way around.
Even a full exhaust may or may not do shit.

But, likely a set of headers and a high flow cat will give you some power.
>>
>>16429894
Then you will run lean and throw check engine lights that will require TUNE
RIP in peace warranty
>>
>>16429890
those are simple mods that will increase driving enjoyment all around

Im sure op will step on the gas at least once
>>
>>16429900
And he has enough out the box for fun commuting, any mods on this is waste, it has enough power as is
>>
>>16429725
>Tires-> Suspension-> Engine
Thats the rule of thumb for modding any car
Enjoy your fiat
>>
>>16429887
Chances are, if you mod it, the parts you put in will be lesser or on par with the stock. Chargers already have some performance parts. If you want to modify the exhaust, get some high quality headers, and a nice Flowmaster muffler.
>>
>it's another "/o/ reveals that it's full of wannabe Takumis" thread
>>
>>16429898
What the fuck are you talking about. Please learn about cars.
>>
>>16429908
yes he has enough but if he wants more I dont see the reason to say "NO DONT DO THAT"

at least the exhaust and intake will provide audible enjoyment

not like hes the 16 year old with a Kia that asks "how do I get 500hp for $1000"
>>
>>16429926
I know about cars, mine ran lean when adding headers without cat.
>>16429930
Listen man, if he wanted more power out the box he should have looked elsewhere. I say exhaust and call it a day, intakes are trouble
>>
>>16429914
How so?
>>
File: landbarge.jpg (52KB, 537x639px) Image search: [Google]
landbarge.jpg
52KB, 537x639px
good shit op, nice to see a fellow charger bro
>>
>>16429940
I didn't say without a cat.
>>
>>16429940
so somehow a less powerful ricer Subaru wouldve been a better choice lmao
>>
>>16429961
Then what's the fucking point..
>>16429963
Maybe not better choice, better car sure
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 1517x1276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 1517x1276px
>>16429953
No one does lights better than dodge
>>
>>16429968
better car at what

being worse as a daily driver in every way?
>>
>>16429953
Would of had a 06 Daytona hemi for my first car but they sold it the day I was going to go get it
>>
>>16429973
Better mpg,lighter,better handling,better aftermarket,better resale
>>
>>16429725
>couldn't afford the 6.4 model
>has money to piss away on mods for the borderline poverty spec models dealers practically give away on leases

Top jej
>>
>>16429980
the mpg isnt that different which is lol tier

handling is irrelevant since he didnt get it for performance

highly doubt it

sure

then you have the fuck that its less comfortable by every measure

this is a DD not a track car
>>
>>16429996
It was more the insurance than it was price for a scat or srt
>>
>>16429725
Sell it buy a miata and swap an LS in it. DONE.
>>
>>16430008
>handling is irrelevant since he didn't get it for performance
Then why is he on a Mexican basket weaving forum asking about """"performance mods""""
>>
>>16430029
>basic bolt ons

really nigga

its not like hes building it
>>
>>16430036
Are you telling me "basic bolt ons" aren't performance mods? Like I said above if he must molest it add a catback and leave as is
>>
>>16430054
doesnt matter

you act like hes trying to build something up when all he wants is basic shit you can do to any car
>>
ebay headers and fart can
cheapest tune chip you can find
sugar in gas tank to make sure the chip gets configured properly
>>
>>16430066
This man here >>16429996
pretty much explained all that needed to be said ITT
>>
>>16430075
wow a few thousand dollars worth of mods
>>
>>16430014
>cares about insurance prices
>buys a brand new car that will have high insurance anyway
>>
>>16430086
How much you think full exhaust,intake,tune, costs total? Have you ever modded a car?
>>
>>16430086
>instead of putting that few thousand towards one of the models that actually has some performance he will put it into the shitbox model that will still won't have performance even with mods
>>
>>16430096
Probably 3 thousand at least.. Have you?
>>
>>16430096
Have you? A decent set up for a brand new car is always sky high

But I should have figured you are gonna band clamp a $30 glasspack to it instead of doing anything properly
>>
>>16430096

I said a few thousand right in that post

definitely not more than the difference between a SRT and and RT price
>>
>>16430108
Can you honestly say 3k is worth it on such car/trim????? And I've done headers,intake,brakes,tires,tune. He was better off getting higher trim senpai
>>
>>16429996
>Mods to make his car "his" - $300
>Overpriced limited car with the only difference being more power and higher maintenance, for a daily driver - $20,000+
>forgetting your helmet at home - priceless

Op did the right thing. Mid-muffler delete might be alright if you know it's not going to ruin the cabin quality with drone. Not sure how restrictive they are, might help for a couple of HP. Just check your local regulations and know your local cops. Friend of mine replaced his exhaust with a fairly conservative one as far as aftermarket exhausts go, and is constantly harassed by the cops because our laws use the term "unnecessary noise", which some cops "interpret" as any-louder-than-stock. Just food for thought if you live in a communist garbagehole like I apparently do.

The intake would be purely cosmetic/acoustic with no other mods, but if you like to hear the intake noise, go for it. It's a cheap way to noticeably change the feel of car. I'd say listen in on some others that have done the mods and decide for yourself. Nobody on here has two shekels to rub together since their parents started making them pay rent, so the advice is pretty bad.
>>
>>16430117
Maybe brand new. You could get an SRT with 10k miles for less than a brand new RT
>>
I was expecting this thread to amount to making fun of OP. It exploded and I'm not disappointed. Brilliant.
>>
>>16430139
>apples are oranges
>>
>>16430154
OP just got a 2016, so we can assume he got with a few miles on it
>>
>>16430154
Except it's not. If OP bought the car as an affordable and semi fun shitbox, then everything would be great. But he bought it, and now wants to dump a bunch of money into the poverty spec model to try and make it like an SRT. He needs to either leave it be or take it back and upgrade to a proper model
>>
>>16430173
When did I say I wanted to make it like an SRT? I said several times that I didn't want to do a lot in terms of performance. Mainly exhaust, intake and maybe appearance stuff
>>
>>16429725
Don't bother with a fake shaker hood. Get a quality bolt-on exhaust system, not just some muffler delete crap, look up rear end gear ratios if you want a little more acceleration, and enjoy it for what it is. New cars you don't have to do that much to.
>>
>>16430180
>I want a hood intake similar to the SRT

You can't hide it fambam
>>
>>16430226
Yeah that's just the hood scoop, other people were referring to mods to bring the car in line with the performance of the srt. That's more for the appearance.
>>
id do a full blackout where id just replace chrome with black vinyl. from pics the ride height also seems a bit too high too, maybe a 2-3cm drop would help. defo would hit a nice exhaust and some tints
maybe even wheels, volk te37 might look good on them but i do have a fetish for them lol

whatever you do, do NOT black out the rear lights, that will just look niggerish.
>>
>>16430288
If he does it properly it would look fine since these have such bright tail lights

That said, people here do have a point. Buy a nice catback exhaust for it to give it a nice rumble and call it a day. Headers will cost too much
>>
>>16430169
Or a clearance deal on a new one, making your point even less relevant. Lots of stealers still have 16s kicking around, especially of the less-desireable stock.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.