[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buyer's Remorse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

I got a brand new 2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5, upgrading from a 1994 Toyota 2WD Pickup... my new 2017 Tacoma is 2WD too because I never thought I'd need or want 4WD.

But now I do want 4WD for reasons. I've only had this truck for a week...

I'm kicking myself daily for settling for less but in 8-10 months I should be able to trade in my 2WD Tacoma for a 4WD without being upside-down on the loan, even after depreciation. I'm planning on trying to snag a 4WD 2017 Tacoma towards the end of this year when dealers are trying to liquidate them.

On a scale of 1 to Stupid how dumb am I? Has anyone ever gone through this?
>>
>>16425258
>2wd
>impying it's worth 1/2 of what you paid for it
Not even nipfags want Tacomas that bad.
>>
>>16425258
theres no need for 4wd unless you live where it snows. and even then it's pretty pointless without lockers.
>>
>>16425303
>even then it's pretty pointless without lockers.
Explain
>>
how often do glamor trucks get taken out of 2hi except for when a prospective buyer is fucking around on a test drive?
>>
File: winter.jpg (46KB, 500x1130px) Image search: [Google]
winter.jpg
46KB, 500x1130px
>>16425303
4WD is pointless without lockers? That's bullshit and you know it.

>>16425258
Depends on where you live. Do you drive off pavement in snowy/muddy conditions? If not, 2WD will get you almost everywhere with some good driving. Usually clearance and a good head will get you where you need to go.
>>
>>16425258
If I were you I'd ask to trade it for a 4wd one.

They will charge you a restocking fee and charge you for whatever. Mileage you put on it since then. They shouldn't say no to you considering the 4wd model is 8k$ more than the 2wd
>>
>>16425303
you can do basically everything with a posi rear 2wd. at least everything that a stock tacoma would be able to do anyway.

you dont need 4wd for overlanding. I rarely have to take my jeep out of locked 2wd. and when I do it's for something a stock one wouldn't be able to do anyway.

locked 2wd >>>>>>> open 4wd
>>
>>16425327
>4WD is pointless without lockers?
In the snow and mud? absolutely.
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>he bought a 2wd truck
>>
I had to buy a car for work and was moving to a new state. Settled on a 2016 Civic EX-T with the cvt because I figured I wanted something with good gas mileage and reliability.

Now I just wanna hoon on my way to work.

Still got good trade in value, would only loose a few hundred bucks if I traded it in for the new Si when it comes out, or maybe cop an s2k or something with rwd, but I do want something new or fairly new and reliable still
>>
File: Reading.jpg (38KB, 523x478px) Image search: [Google]
Reading.jpg
38KB, 523x478px
>>16425366
And the OP has a 2WD with a locking rear diff?
>>
>>16425258
also the front end of that truck looks like shit
>>
File: 1315038564206.jpg (6KB, 179x179px) Image search: [Google]
1315038564206.jpg
6KB, 179x179px
>4wd necessary for anything other than offroading or if you live in the Yukon
>4wd being fuel efficient

pick zero
>>
>>16425419
t. bus rider

I drive a Tundra in northern Canada. 4WD is absolutely necessary on backroads (unless you'd rather drive at 40km/h and get carpal tunnel from having to keep the truck from violently sliding). Even in paved roads, when the snow is fresh, and you're riding half the truck on pavement, half on snow, good luck with the 2WD.

>fuel efficient

you know what isn't fuel efficient? a truck with a bent frame in a ditch
>>
>>16425258
>10 months
>trade in
>without being upside-down
>even after depreciation
Lolpepperangus
>>
>>16425366
you're fucking retarded.

you are actually objectively wrong.
>>
>>16425996
This. Op you will be fucked.
>>
What does /o/ recommend for a midsize truck

Sheckle for a turbo diesel?
>>
>>16425258
>Buying a toyota truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZIHT3nNesY
>>
>>16427710
Fuck me. Wrong video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHbn8-ROiQ
>>
>>16425327
4wd without lockers is just 2wd
If you knew anything, you'd know locking diffs make a world of difference
>>
>>16425258
Don't opt for navigation. Get base model head unit. Bluetooth is the only thing worth a damn on the Entune systems. Should knock the price down a few grand
>>
>>16426973

Nissan Navara (new 2016 model)
Mitsubishi L 200 / Fiat Fullback
Isuzu D-MAX
Volkswagen Amarok

half of these aren't available to ameriburgers though
>>
OP why don't you want a truck that can Tokyo drift?
>>
>>16425347
Kind of this. If you really needed 4wd you would have gotten it. With a LSD rear and good tires you can off road. This also applies to snow, just throw so weight in the bed.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.