[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would be a reason for a remote fob to not work? Ive got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: audirepair.png (203KB, 747x540px) Image search: [Google]
audirepair.png
203KB, 747x540px
what would be a reason for a remote fob to not work? Ive got and 2003 audi a3 and the remote key fob does NOT work. I followed the programming instructions but it does not work. then i took it to the dealer for unrelated work and told them if they could program it while they had it. When they were done they said they couldnt and probably some wires where disconnected.

I have a new key/remote so the remote not working isnt a possibility. What are the commo fail points as to why the remote fob doesnt work?
>>
>>16423872
> Key fob doesn't work
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>16423911

helpful answers only pls
>>
>>16423872
You're fucked m8, take it to a certified Audi dealership, and bring at least a liter of lube. They'll fix it for a "small fee"
>>
>>16423940
not possible to try fixing it yourself?
>>
>buying VAG
>ever
You asked for this.
>>
>>16423992
Find a wiring diagram. Enjoy sorting through 400 miles of wire.
>>
>>16423872
uhh maybe replace the god damn battery in your fob you knob
>>
>>16424008
its a new key and i got 2 keys neither worked
>>
>>16423872
You'll have to go to your Audi user forums for such a specific problem of reprogramming not working. The reprogramming is actually just getting the car's computer to accept the serial number of the fob as being valid. I don't know if Audi cars have a reprogrammer in the car, but my 2016 chevrolet malibu does. If I buy a new generic fob of the same style at Lowes or Home Depot, then the owner manual says I can get the car to accept it. I put it into the little chamber in the console and it reads the serial number of that new fob. I then take my good key and start the car successfully as well as do the other actions listed in the owner's manual. Afterwards, the car's computer should recognize the fob. I say should since I have not needed to buy any more fobs for the car.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.