[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should be my first car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: shit_box.jpg (29KB, 450x604px) Image search: [Google]
shit_box.jpg
29KB, 450x604px
Hi, I'm trying to find a car that would suit my tastes and needs as my first car

i wanted an E28, a Mercedes 190D ( diesel is cheaper where I live :( ) or a porsche 924 but insuring them would cost way too much, so I've been looking at the most common shitboxes in my area, but the only car that I think could be fun is the Renault Twingo 1.. ( there are literally thousands of them for sale for less than 1k in good condition, and it only needs 4 liters per 100km ) but hatchbacks tend to repel me and well the twingo is ugly as fuck ( in my opinion tho ).

What should be my first car? I'm open to all your advices ( i only have a budget of 2K€ or less though ) but I'd prefer to buy a sedan, + I wouldn't care about it being a diesel or gasoline if it doesn't need too much gas.
thanks for your help :)
>>
wbat country
>>
File: SadTwingo.jpg (109KB, 680x282px) Image search: [Google]
SadTwingo.jpg
109KB, 680x282px
>>16422555
>the twingo is ugly as fuck
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (61KB, 435x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
61KB, 435x432px
>>16422592
France

>>16422617
the plastic just looks cheap, the interior looks weird, and its shape make it look like a toy, but that's just my opinion, it doesn't even look exotic to me :( And I heard it was a nightmare to drive a Twingo on the highway ( maybe because it wasn't made for this purpose lol)
>>
just get a twingo
>>
File: Vk3lYkH.jpg (63KB, 1200x384px) Image search: [Google]
Vk3lYkH.jpg
63KB, 1200x384px
>>16422839
>it doesn't even look exotic to me :(
>>
I actually felt the same about Twingo initially, but /o/ meme-magic actually made me love it after and I would seriously, unironically, buy one and use as day-drive. Not forcing you to do the same actually.

2K eurobucks budget? Drop the "exotic part" IMO. Get a nice Volkswagen. A Volkswagen never fails. Go for a Passat or a Jetta/Vento if you're looking for a sedan. You should find well equipped ones for those money.

Considering you're french, a Renault (Megane being my personal favourite) or Peugeot could work too and maintenance shouldn't be expensive. Won't give you the "exotic" vibe though.

Alternatively, look for a Ford. '05 Focus personal recommandation. Or other Volkswagen-affiliated products. Seat, Skoda or Audi.

If you're looking to save fuel and aiming for a sedan, then you'll have to settle for diesels. Otherwise you can go for gas hatchbacks with small engines.
>>
>>16422555
>>16422839
Honestly, get a Toyota Corolla E10 (1992 - 1997) if you want a good shitbox starter. The sedan looks great too the already good looking hatchback still repels you.
>>
>>16423524
Missed an "if" somewhere, read carefully.
>>
>>16423524
Actually the hatchback versions doesn't look as good on this model than on most Corolla's, but yeah.
>>
>>16423492
said that because I feel like the twingo is "exotic" to most people on /o/, but it's definitely not when you see ten of them everyday

>>16423518
I'll try a twingo one of these days to see if I actually like it or not but even if I don't like its design I just keep hearing good things about it. will give it a try but idk for now

Well most jettas are in shit condition or overpriced but I like the vento.

I don't know what to think of renault and peugeot actually. The driving experience and maintenance needed seems to vary from a person to another and I don't know if their cars are actually somewhat good or terrible

I like the Ford Focus and most VW cars, I'll make some "researches" on what's in my price range

>>16423524
Really like this one, too bad they are rare in france.
>>
>>16423703
>Really like this one, too bad they are rare in france.

I drive a Toyota Starlet, which has the same engine, only this thing weights nothing. But I'd sacrifice the lightness and cheapness to drive the Corolla instead, if the cheapest one in my country (NL) didn't cost €1,800...
>>
>>16422555
get a small diesel pick up truck.
>>
I'm in a similar situation to OP, I don't know shit about cars but I've been looking at ads for a while while saving up money. There's a decent amount of 20 year old E36 available for up to 2k€ (I'm in Croatia, don't know if or how that affects prices) and they look sexy as hell for that money, but everyone tells me that it's gonna cost loads to repair since they're old and that they use up a lot of money for gas. Is that true? Please shit on my hopes and dreams.
>>
>>16423847
Even with good disposable income there's nothing more relaxing than owning a car that won't give you unexpected costs. High fuel costs won't even bother you as much as you might think. But having a car constantly break down on you will make you feel like you made the biggest mistake of your life and you'll feel like absolute shit. It's not worth the risk in my honest opinion.
>>
File: 1466396243776.png (34KB, 117x146px) Image search: [Google]
1466396243776.png
34KB, 117x146px
>>16423884
So that is too old then, huh. Th-thanks. I guess I'll get whatever now and wait until I become a wageslave to buy a car I like.
>>
>>16422839
>in France
>Renault Twingo
>Exotic
That's a domestic for you bud of course it isn't exotic
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.