[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subaru help thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Subaru-WRX-STI-Wagon.jpg (552KB, 1199x733px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru-WRX-STI-Wagon.jpg
552KB, 1199x733px
Hello there /o/
I'm looking to buy a, new to me, Subaru. I've narrowed it down to 2. The first is an 08 Impreza WRX STI, it has 56k and some odd miles to it. They are asking 26,669 but before I left I had him down to 24k. Blue like the one pictured.
The next car I'm looking at is a 11 Impreza WRX Limited with 65k and a pinch. They are asking for 20,978 For it and i haven't talked numbers with them yet. Black.

I'm going through my bank which had a pretty stellar loan rate, I'll be taking my loan out to 84 months at 2.99%, I don't want to pay any lower than 20k and no more than 25k, so both cars are within my range. They both seemed in excellent condition but i haven't taken as close of an inspection like adviced in the sticky. I don't think either of them have had any after the market modifications but again I didn't inspect that close.
The reason I've taken such interest in these cars is because they are manual and they are Subarus so I know they are reliable and hold their value... plus they are fast.

Help me out here /o/!
Is the sti really worth it for 4k more at an older year? Does whatever stock upgrade make the car worth it?
>>
File: 20170101_125622.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170101_125622.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>16421494
that is to much. you could buy a brand new wrx for 25k

are you actually planning on making a 600hp monster? you could also get a brand new STI for like 33k.

What are your plans for the car OP?
>>
>>16421494
I would get the sti
Why?
>6 speed
>adjustable differential
>bigger turbo
>more horsepower
The wrx will be a 5 speed and just a detailed version of the sti I have driven both cars of those years and obviously I favor the sti better.

Unfortunately for both cars they both have timing belts. So that's something to think about later on.

Check for the head gasket meme and any other leaks.
Wrx of these years are prone to steering rack leak/failure
So check those boots.
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (31KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
31KB, 625x415px
>>16421494
>I'll be taking my loan out to 84 months at 2.99%
>84 months
You can't afford either of those cars if you have to finance them for 84 months.
>>
>>16421520
I can't really afford payments than 300 a month at least from the last time ive done my budget. That's why im looking for used.

>>16421525
Nice to know and good info, I wasn't entirely sure if the extra bucks are wortg it for the sti. What else should I look out for? My current car had a belt issues so I'm not entirely concerned.

>>16421531
Watch me.
>>
File: Fix By using rock to smash.webm (3MB, 311x240px) Image search: [Google]
Fix By using rock to smash.webm
3MB, 311x240px
>>16421551
Then I would agree with wolfy on the STI. you will get more bang for your buck. also if you were planning on power modding it the STI is a better starting point.

Who is selling the cars because someone always does something to WRX's. Go in knowing those cars got the shit driven out of them at least once, probably regularly depending on the owner.

Good luck OP sometimes you really can find a stock STI with lowish miles. hope you find what you are looking for and get good deal.
>>
>>16421587
It's a local Subaru dealer, I'm hoping to get the deal also. I plan on doing something to it but I'm not entirely sure what, I'm a little more on the niave side about pulling engines and finding compatable parts, so all in due time.
>>
File: barbie2.jpg (120KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
barbie2.jpg
120KB, 500x646px
OP if you buy a car worth more than 10% of your annual income it means that you're financially irresponsible

don't do it
>>
>>16421494
Thats a nice mazdaspeed 3 in the pic OP
>>
>>16421623
>make 100K/year
>can only buy 10K shitbox

u wot mate?
>>
>>16421623
>Made 12k last year
>Bought $1500 shitbox just go get to work without getting constantly pulled over for broken equipment, smoke, or expired inspection stickers
>Tfw irresponsible
>>
>>16421991
You don't make anything as long as your using a loan to buy something

Cars should be purchased in cash and only cash
>>
>>16422008
>Blowing money by buying a car in cash
>Not investing it at a higher rate of return than the interest on your loan
Why would you willingly give up money?
>>
File: DSC06358.jpg (2MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06358.jpg
2MB, 6000x4000px
get the sti without even blinking. however id pony up the extra cash for a MY11+ as the 08 -10s were sloppy and had shite handling and this was corrected in 2011. Ive got the 2012 STi and i love it, soon to go 3inch TBE and tune pic related its my sti
>>
>>16422008
/o/ tier financial advise at its finest ladies and gentlemen
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.