[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't manufacturers responded to pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Why haven't manufacturers responded to pic related?
>>
needs more aero
>>
>>16417004
What does that thing even cost?

It's the same reason they stopped making the Evo. They are marketed towards younger people who don't have the money to spend on stuff like that new. This is also why the second hand market is so fucked and overpriced on these cars and bikes.
>>
>>16417004
there's a bike under there?
>>
>>16417058
No, just a kawasaki
>>
File: 00.jpg (980KB, 3000x1850px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
980KB, 3000x1850px
>>16417036
25k for the 200hp street model and 50k for the 300hp track only model
>>
>>16417004
there's not much of a market and they are very expensive (for bikes)
>>
>>16417004
>why havent other manufacturers responded to an incredibly niche status symbol being targeted at a consumer group that believes buying new is a waste of money and has probably already modified their current bike to have a higher output than the $50,000 version

I fucking wonder.
>>
>>16417069

How does the BMW S1000RR compare in price and performance?

Also why don't any motorcycle manufacturers advertise horsepower on their websites? Isn't that a selling point?
>>
Because you can buy a Hayabusa for £3k and a 300whp turbo kit for £4k (8.5k USD). You only buy the H2 if you're buying into the Supercharged Cyberpunk Ninja meme.
>>
>>16417004

The H2R is kind of a meme bike. It's not a race replica nor part of any particular historic brand model family so there is no real tie to MotoGP/Professional Racing. I don't know what people are even supposed to do it with it.

Also, people need to realize that motorcycles have a point of diminishing returns when it comes to performance and I would argue this happens around the 160hp at the wheel mark. It's the same reason why GSX-R 1000s or ZX10Rs are faster than the Hayabusa/ZX14R. The only advantage the latter has is weight/profile which keeps it more stable in a top speed application.

So unless you're drag racing in a straight line, the H2R is surpassed by much cheaper bikes on the track that are lighter, have similar power:weight ratios, and don't cost $50k.
>>
>>16417162
motorcycles have been hamstrung for almost a decade when it comes to performance. there is some meme agreement where they won't exceed 186mph/300kmh which is why you will find virtually every modern sport bike is making around 180-200hp at the crank.

what I find particularly funny is how overbuilt these bikes are. you can bolt on a turbo and get 250hp without making any modifications to the engine.
>>
>>16417004
Thought it was a Gundam
>>
File: megatron_head.jpg (50KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
megatron_head.jpg
50KB, 256x256px
>>16417004
kool bike there senpai
>>
>>16417004

because its jap scrap.
>>
File: tumblr_nbsvinzlWx1sn1bz4o1_500.jpg (39KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbsvinzlWx1sn1bz4o1_500.jpg
39KB, 500x498px
>>16417004
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.