[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to find a car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 00p0p_kQ60wpWNYQd_600x450.jpg (26KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00p0p_kQ60wpWNYQd_600x450.jpg
26KB, 337x450px
Can someone find me a six-speed manual car for cheap sale at 5k or fewer, with 30k miles on it or fewer?

Car attached is something I'm currently considering, though it's only a six-speed manual.
>>
>>16415776
Of course, I understand his search is tedious and difficult, as I have not come across one yet. This is if you have the time or interest.
>>
>>16415776
Those cars are 5 speeds. Unless someone swapped the tranny.

You can't find anything in your price range with a 6 speed. Maybe an older wrecked sti or finance something with a 6 speed
>>
Not OP, but I've got around $4k to spend on a Civic or similar car. Should I go for a early 2000s with 50-70k miles or something mid 2000s with 100+
>>
>5k or less
>under 30k miles
>six speed manual
You know you need to be 18 to post here right?
>>
>>16415825
Get mid 2000's save up a bit more money for an 8th Feb because atleast the 8th gen has a timing chain.

No one will admit it but the 7th gen civics like in ops pic are the worst generation Honda ever produced.
>>
>>16415799
Sorry, I meant five-speed. That car is five-speed. Should I try to find one at six speeds or is it impossible? Should I settle for this one?
>>
>>16415876
I'm aware. This is my first car, though.
>>
>Must be six speed manual

I'll have a cheeseburger, but only if it's the cow was a Brangus
>>
>>16415891
Only the si came 6 speed but you won't find one in your price range. Maybe an ep3 but those are 5 speed.
>>
>>16415897
Why do you need a six speed manual?

and

Why would you consider a Honda civic?
>>
>>16415916
Because they are better than miatas and easy to work on why else?
>>
>>16415916
What's wrong with a honda civic? Also I learned on a six-speed manual... Is there anything wrong with five-speed though? I guess I didn't consider that.
>>
>>16415891
I have this car, its reliable af but burns a bit of oil, I beat the shit out of it daily
>>
>>16415934
Having 20% more or less gears does not make a big difference either way.

How are civics better than miatas?

How are they easier to work on?

Which wheels are driven on civics?

How much room do you have to remove belts and pulleys on a civic vs a miata?
>>
>>16416025
I'm gonna pretend you aren't arguing points he didn't bring up, and take the bait.
>how are civics better than miatas?
I'd like to think they're equal, easy to wrench on and pretty fun.
>how are they easier to work on?
They aren't, both retain mechanical simplicity.
>which wheels are driven on civics?
Why does it matter.
>How much room do you have to remove belts and pulleys on a civic vs a miata?
That seems oddly specific. How does one measure that.
>>
>>16416065
>Why does it matter.
Slide or die
>How does one measure that
I have, from working on both transverse and longitudinal engines. I'd much rather work on a car where the front of the engine faces the front of the car.
>>
>>16416077
>slide or die
If you're stupid enough to accelerate while cornering in a FWD, you deserve whatever happens to you.

The belts are much easier to get at and fiddle with in a longitudinal setup, but the 7th gen civics are far from cramped.
>>
>>16415776
>$5k
>30k miles

You'll find nothing

What you do find you should not want.
>>
Closest thing I can think of is a celica gts with the 2zz. One with 30k isnt going to be 5k though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.