[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford 302 oil dipstick tube replacement Do I just hammer this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SPE-5723.jpg (21KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SPE-5723.jpg
21KB, 1000x1000px
Ford 302 oil dipstick tube replacement

Do I just hammer this bitch in or what? I just have a hole in my engine block that splashes oil out right now
>>
it should just slide in....

That tab bolts to the head.
>>
>>16414819
It's too wide at the bottom only the very bottom 8th of an inch is tapered. Upon comparison it seems the OEM one is wider at the top too and pressed to fit narrow at the bottom. I think it's a maleable metal but Im not sure and didn't want to jusy hammer it in
>>
>>16414849
then try using a 2x4 or some shit so you don't ding it up.

Make sure the old dip stick didn't break off flush with the hole first.
>>
>>16414862
The old tube came completely out, in fact it was out when I bought the truck, all the way to the tapered end. Its considerably longer however when measuring the part that actually goes into the block and the marks it gives the same readings
>>
>>16414816
Put a wrench on the flared part at the bottom of the dipstick and hammer on the wrench as close to the dipstick as close as you can. Works for oil pickups on some oil pumps.
>>
>>16414885
then put a bolt in the dick stip hole and install a sight glass in the oil pan.
>>
>>16414896
I can't tell if the hole for the dipstick is threaded or not
>>
Anyone done this?
>>
>>16414906
It shouldn't be. Or at least Ford didn't make it that way.
>>
>>16414816
>I just have a hole in my engine block that splashes oil out right now

Hmmm. I noticed my 302 F150's dipstick was wobbly and shit. Maybe that's where my oil leak is coming from...?
>>
>>16417229
I thought it was my rear seal but it looks like it sloshes out of the hole and runs along the curvature until it drips right by the Bell housing. Doesn't seam to be coming from valve covers on mine either
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.