[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my car has over 200k miles on it. and its an automatic. i mean.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Fracs.jpg (201KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fracs.jpg
201KB, 900x600px
my car has over 200k miles on it. and its an automatic. i mean. its going to fail eventually right?

so when the auto tranny fails, is it possible to replace it with it with a manual? or do i have to get another auto
>>
>>16411570
i like how you posted highly specific information that will allow others to give you an answer
>>
Depending on the car, you could swap a manual transmission but its expensive, time consuming and usually pointless.
>>
>>16411570
Chances are if you swap the tranny, you'll have to change the ecu to one for that engine in a manual for it work right. So overall how much are you looking to put into it?
>>
>>16411584
as much as it would take to make it run good. its a 2004 honda civic. i was thinking of taking it to 300k if possible but would it just be better to get a newer car at this point?

it still hasnt died but i mean at this mileage i feel like something is right around the corner
>>
>>16411592
Keep driving it til something breaks, fix whatever it's affordable and reasonable. When it starts to get to expensive to run, buy another civic for 3k and repeat.
>>
>>16411592
Mighty Car Mods actually has a video of them doing basically this except they switched the engine as well. So start looking at costs and if you're willing to do the work and weigh that against the cost of a new car.
>>
>>16411617
That V6 they used only comes with an auto. They made a custom bracket to make the manual work with that engine
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.