[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RX7 worth buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: user26832_pic42470_1324185383.jpg (70KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
user26832_pic42470_1324185383.jpg
70KB, 720x542px
Any rx7's any of you can find that are good priced. I looked all over online and at this point not sure if any of them are ideal so far. Of course not as a daily driver, a fuck about car mostly.
And honestly an ls swapped one wouldnt be an issue either.
>>
>>16410215
>Ruining well balanced jap box with rare high-revving engine by throwing HPs at it.
No thanks, I'll keep my touge-machine
>>
no shit, you're not going to find an fd rx7 for the price of a civic. if you want one ls swapped (fucked the balance and handling of the car) then just get a corvette.
>>
>>16410215
Import one from Japan. Much like the Supra, a Japanese import will forever be cheaper than a US spec car
>>
>>16410219
>>16410223

Like handling matters as it sits on your driveway with blown apex seals.
>>
>>16410241
it's your own fault if you blow the apex seals. change them once every 60k miles (easy to do despite technically being an engine rebuild) and you are fine. if you can't handle maintaining a high performance car, maybe a civic is for you
>>
>>16410223
nigga dont give me that shit, they can totally be 5050 still swapped.
>>
>>16410240
how should i go about such?
>>
>>16410334
>the only thing that goes into balance and handling is front/rear weight distribution
oh lordy
>>
>>16410346

What else matters then Bill Nye? You do realize that the weight difference between a rotary and aluminum V8 is negligible right?
>>
>>16410339
Get in touch with an importer. I can tell you right now though, expect to pay at least $10000 if you're importing to the US
>>
>>16410219
LS1 only adds about 50lbs over the stock 13b-rew, so no. LS1 rx7 is a cool ride. I'd like mine to be Single turbo rotary though...
>>
>>16410215
You're going to have to pay about $10,000 for one that needs a little work and $20,000 for a low mileage/fixed up one. Anyone asking over $25,000 is a nutjob & they won't sell at that price.
On the other hand you can score a well maintained, High Mileage FC for about $4,000
>>
>>16410334
They're not quite 50/50 stock, they are slightly shifted to lean on the front tires... can cause some oversteer.... still an amazing performing car stock
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.