[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VEE ATE IN DER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483135882409.jpg (171KB, 944x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483135882409.jpg
171KB, 944x960px
I want to waste money and put a v8 in my "pin-chero" and I'm leaning towards a 302. I know I would need to get a new transmission and such to make it work, but what else would I need? Would I need to beef up the cooling system?
>>
radiator
motor mounts
rear end
transmission
transmission crossmember
headers
subframe connectors
suspension
brakes

if you want to do it right and not have a piece of shit anyway
>>
>>16408570
Thanks m8
>>
>>16408570
What do I need if I don't care if it's a peice of shit?
>>
>>16408544
Chances are the stock cooling system will be able to cope.
In my calculations I am assuming it was upgraded over the basic pinto system to cope with hauling heavy loads.
>>
>>16408778
mounts
transmission
transmission crossmember
headers (unless you get a Mustang II engine)

the rear end will probably explode as soon as you give it a good dose of power
>>
>>16408785
>Calculations
Also no, it was a really shitty show car before I got it, most of the car is plywood and bondo.
>>
>>16408811
That sounds like it'd suck. I'm still new to cars, ballpark of how much it'll cost to do right? I'm sure that's how I'll end up doing it, I want to keep this little green turd forever.
>>
>>16408833
few thousand unless you do all the work yourself is my guess

unfortunately a lot of the cheap parts you used to be able to use from junkyards have dried up by now

Id suggest doing a lot of research
>>
>>16408778
an angle grinder, and a welder.
>>
>>16408544
V8 is the best engine configuration
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.