[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad choices caused bad things.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bike.jpg (42KB, 656x418px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
42KB, 656x418px
I was driving home from work in a 95 Volvo 960 and I floored it. Soon after the power steering went out and the car died. I parked it and all the lights are on and it wont crank at all. I can hear stuff spinning and stuff but it just wont crank. I had it towed home. I'm not sure what it is. The timing belt is still on. I don't know anything about cars so there's not much I can say. I know this isn't a board for personal services, but I thought this would be the best place to post about it. Thanks for any advice.
>>
>>16405874
Did you pull off timing cover to see if the belt is still there?

I have a feeling your talking about the serpentine belt which is different from the timing belt.

You probably snapped the timing belt and your engine killed itself. Good job.
>>
I've got a story 10 times worse OP

>merging onto highway in my fucking Ford freestar minivan
>truck in my way on the left lane, so WOT
>take that needle to hell and back
>hear the distinctive tink and clash of my timing belt ripping apart
>the belt was so thoroughly ripped and it was so hot cuz the engine was at the max output that rubber melted under the hood

>it got everywhere, idk where the rubber is from desu

And that's the story of how I almost died when I pulled over.
>>
>>16406614
>Ford freestar minivan
Hold fuck I would rather walk then drive one of those
>>
>>16405874
>can hear stuff spinning and stuff but it just wont crank.
Wut
>>
>>16407175
whirring of starter motor + gear not engaging the crankshaft

maybe smack the shit out of the starter?
>>
>>16407115
I'm getting a brz soon tho so pretty happy
>>
>>16407188
Sounds like a starter solenoid problem. Hitting it really hard might make it work one more time, but it's best to replace it. The starter is a bitch to get at on a 960, so if you aren't confident in your repair abilities I suggest taking it in.
>>
>>16407218
would love to get a GT86
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.