[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS300 a good car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0059.jpg (455KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
455KB, 1600x1200px
Sup aut/o/bots. Currently I drive a LS400 UCF21. I was wondering if the IS300 is a cooler "alternative" to its big barge brother. I'm a young little booger so the LS feels like a fucking limo to me plus stop and go traffic in LA sucks for muh V8. Is the IS300 another nice, reliable, DD? I'm also looking at this car due to it being LSD, RWD, and can hoon like a goon. Any precautions I should take in before buying the car? Any Pros/Cons? Buyers remorse? HELP ME /O/
>>
good cars but depends on how much you can get one for
>>
>>16395842
Wells what the highest I should pay for these shits?
>>
>>16395782
>not wanting to drive a limo

Im never giving up my LS
>>
>>16395782
Pretty much what >>16395842 said

Good but usually a bit overpriced. Expect to pay at least $6-7k for a decent one
>>
>>16397367
Same here amigo but let's face it. Our LS's look a little dated and we can't hoon with these bad boys
>>
Think of it as an E46 with a nicer daily ride and without as many problems. It's definitely a good car and the 2JZ-GE is buttery smooth. Feels decent to drive compared to regular economy cars because 215HP/215tq straight six, but it's also not fast. You can get sub-7s 0-60 time with the manual, the automatic is like 7.1 or 7.2s.

Performance wise, it's surprisingly still somewhat in line with modern entry level luxury sedans - BMW 320, Merc CLA250, Lexus IS250, Audi A4, Acura ILX, etc. etc. Tech is a bit dated, but you'll have everything you need with an updated headunit.
>>
Oh, and main things to look for:

1. Transmission. Some of them can get overheated if they spend an excessive amount of time in stop and go traffic on a really hot highway so check the transmission fluid.

2. Melting dash. If anyone in the past used armor all or certain other shitty "dash cleaner" or "dash protector" chemicals then parts of the dash are going to be really soft and scratch extremely easily.

3. Ball joints typically need to be replaced around 100-120k miles

4. #2 Lower Control Arms. The bushing gets fucked, so car is going to feel unstable at speed until you either find a way to press in new bushings or pay Lexus a bunch of money to replace the entire part.

5. Rear toe-links or w/e they're called can get pretty messed up too. Either of these problems will cause premature tire wear.

6. Not all cars have the LSD, google it

Other than that, awesome cars. I had one for a few years before it got totaled.
>>
>>16398036
Nice what a perfect layout thank you anon. One last question. Is the IS300 a good drift/canyon carving car? I wanna be able to spin both backwheels whenever I want and bust some hectik skids. Are these cars good beaters to do it in? Like a Silvia or a AE86? I wanna bust a Initial D on GMR
>>
Buy an sc400.
>>
They're cool, but if yoiu take price into consideration I think Chaser/Mark. II/Cresta overshadow them.
>>
>>16395782
i really like them because of how easy it was to check the timing belt.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.