[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experience with Scion TC or Saturn Vue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 5070404.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5070404.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Need a college commuter that will need to be able to make a trip from the east coast to the mid west (1500 miles or so) about 6 times a year. Lots of snow and ice in both these areas. I have found both of these cars in my budget (3300) and need to buy one tommorrow, and am looking for experiences that anybody has with either of these. Don't recommend other cars, these are my only two options.

2007 Scion has 100k miles, fwd, manual gearbox

2005 Saturn vue has a Honda V6 auto transmission which I have heard are prone to failure. Also has AWD

Any insight? Thanks

TL;DR Need a college commuter that can deal with snow / ice, will either be Scion TC w/ snow tires or Saturn Vue w/ all wheel drive
>>
The honda powered Vues came with a manual honds gearbox. Pick one up.
>>
>>16392402
post your local craigslist.
>>
>>16392432
Only automatics were offered with the honda V6 according to everything I've seen on the forums and wikipedia
>>
>>16392467
why
>>
>>16392402
Either one will be bulletproof reliable. I'd get the Saturn though. It's just more practical.
>>
>>16393426
why the fuck do you think you retard?
so /o/ can find the best vehicles for you near you
>>
Scion is a Camry I think, that will probably last you as long as you need it. Just don't go thinking it's fast.
>>
The TC shape is just weird from a driving position. The long slanted windshield would make my eyes go crazy on long trips IMO. It's got big blind spots for such a small car. Fuel milage isn't that great but only driven an auto.
>>
>>16392402
I have a tC and don't recommend the stock tire on it for wet conditions. By default the vue might be better for ice.

Tires are more important than AWD for winter driving, if you don't want to count out the tC

TC tips: Manual gearbox can be kind of fun. Engine suffers a bit from oil burning. Hatch latch is a bit delicate so you have to treat it like a button.

The 2007 tC has an aux jack whereas the 2005 vue likely does not, if that makes any difference.

The scion is probably marginally more reliable.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.