[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eg and ek civics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: p1-racing-honda-civic.jpg (337KB, 1999x1333px) Image search: [Google]
p1-racing-honda-civic.jpg
337KB, 1999x1333px
I hear that the civic is one of the most reliable vehicles on the market. But what about the ek's and eg's specifically. I might get one or the other
Eg: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5873648001.html/
Ek: https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5931959547.html
Wish they weren't modded AF, but good mileage imo. How reliable do you think these ek's and eg's will be? How reliable have your's been? Better than a focus?
>>
Buy it you stupid fucking shit bag
>>
>>16389575
Get a corolla and be faster than civics and bmws.
>>
Well I'll be damned. I guess somebody bought the Civic. In case another eg comes around, I'd like to hear about them anyway
>>
>>16389575
>better than a focus

no shit and why are you talking like that? are you mexican or something? Or just underage

Also good luck owning a civic in LA

shit will get stolen if its nice

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5918964575.html

and ef's are better looking

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5900342632.html
>>
>>16389596
I agree, the ef certainly looks better than an eg and an ek. But my criteria is based on how reliable a vehicle is while being able to achieve a sporty feel and look. Personally, the civic would be a first pick. Don't get me wrong, the focus is one of the ugliest pieces of machinery ever built, but many claim for it to possess great handling capabilities. Thus, I'd be content with a focus. My top pick would be the ek because the other civic is older. And as a car gets older, more problems accumulate. As a civic owner (if you were one), did you have to treat it as a project car or did it only require quarterly/ biannual/annual maintanence?

I'm not very knowledgeable on the internal components of vehicles. So it won't be as obvious to me how an eg and an ef (even though they are the same model) would last as long as an ek. But if you know a lot about civics, please educate me or show me a link that would educate me.
>>
>>16389582
You seem very enthusiastic about civics. Can you give me a few reasons why I should. Have you owned one?
>>
>>16389589
I'd prefer not to buy an older car, but those are nice, and are particularly rare (haven't come across many of them on Craigslist). Do you drive one?
>>
>>16389820
>Do you drive one?
No, I just happen to drive a car that shares its engine.
>>
>>16389891
4age is nice
>>
>>16389891
Have you had an issues with it?
>>
>>16389575
88-00 are all pretty much the same engine and will likely have no problems unless they are over 200k miles. The older the year the more likely that the suspension is shot. The efs will have dead shocks and dead bushings and higher miles. I dailyed an ef for about a year, engine burned oil but i just kept adding it. Drove it to LA and back without a care. You can ignore all the problems a civic has and it will still just run.
>>
>>16389575
I've had my EG for like 3 months and it's given me almost as much trouble as my Tacoma has over 9 years. EG has 135k miles and Taco has 222k miles. The EG is fun but if my only requirement was reliability I would take a corolla over a civic any day of the week.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.