[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since when is it legal to sell vanity plates privately?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Since when is it legal to sell vanity plates privately?
>>
>>16389336
since always. But, I think they have to be not registered on a car at the moment, and both people have to be at the DMV (seller and buyer) to confirm the transition of the plate
>>
Here in Maryland the plates have to be three years or older of non registration before they can be traded or sold.
>>
>>16389336
Depends on the state but it's not legal to transfer plates from one person another, just from car to car
>>
>>16389848
Here in SC
>>
>>16389336
>Since when is it legal to sell vanity plates privately?

It's not legal in my state to sell car license plates. There is no distinction between random and not-so-random (vanity) ID codes. The plates belong to the state and your payment is for the cost to create them plus the license to use them on the assigned vehicle with specified VIN.

Plates cannot transfer from person to person. But plates can transfer from car to car upon completion of paperwork, so that is the same effect as keeping the plates with the same person. However, the technicality is still preserved in that plates are not the property of the person. Thus they cannot be sold. This makes it harder for individuals to register names and then sell them for profit.
>>
>>16389848
That means someone else who has your plates can be charged with the crime of possessing stolen property.
>>
Here in NZ there's only one company that's allowed to sell the pressed pieces, but there are people here that seem to think it's ok to list them for more than a years worth of minimum wages.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/personalised-plates/auction-1229207935.htm
>>
>>16390844
Wow. Just went to the site to show that the plates only cost a grand (only) to personalize, and these fuck-nuggets charge +1000% for a placeholder.

https://www.plates.co.nz/

They no longer have the contract with NZTA, I hope that means it's not a monopoly anymore.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.